Talk

Advanced search

Kingston Vs St Georges for Childbirth

(3 Posts)
Tania3739 Fri 21-Feb-20 18:50:26

Hi all,

I am choosing between these two hospitals for my antenatal appointments/the place I'll give birth.

I have found a couple of threads on this but they were all from YEARS ago. This is my first child so if anyone would be willing to share their experiences at the two places, that would be great. If all goes well I will hopefully be delivering in their birthing centres rather than their delivery suites but I guess you never know what'll happen on the day (or night)!

Thanks in advance for any help you can offer.

OP’s posts: |
VisionsofJohanna Fri 21-Feb-20 21:38:53

I am with St Georges for this birth (my second, currently 30wks pregnant). I have been incredibly impressed with the care, which is miles better than my first pregnancy and birth (Chelsea and Westminster). Obviously I haven’t given birth at St Georges yet but a couple of friends have recently and had good experiences. It isn’t the nicest looking though, I was initially put off! Good luck with whatever you decide- I would tend to go with whichever is closer unless you have a strong preference.

Tania3739 Sun 23-Feb-20 17:06:40

Thanks so much for the feedback, that's really helpful. When you say it wasn't nice looking, do you mean the hospital overall or the birthing centre or delivery ward? Glad to hear you're having a better experience than in the last place!

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in