Talk

Advanced search

Please review private London Ob Gyns and hospitals

(4 Posts)
Alignyourself Mon 27-Jan-20 10:43:31

Hello any help will be appreciated. I need to choose a doctor and hospital for my delivery and will be going private.

OP’s posts: |
mynameiscalypso Mon 27-Jan-20 10:47:59

I went on the NHS in the end but did research private options - I would have gone with the Lindo Wing as I would have wanted to be attached to an NHS hospital in case of any problems. I had my baby at St Mary's and met a number of the consultants who also work privately. If I was going private, I would have picked Etienne Horner I think.

yomommasmomma Mon 27-Jan-20 12:47:36

Bryony Jones at Lindo

Hodgewell1 Mon 03-Feb-20 17:46:37

I’ve just had a private delivery with Bryony Jones at Queen Charlottes (QCH). Best decision. I spent a lot of time researching private consultants and listening to what the other QCH midwives and other doctors said about her whilst I was with the NHS in early pregnancy. They all had a great deal of respect for her. She is a winning combination of excellent clinical expertise and great patient/bedside manner. She is also incredibly calm and positive at all times. Bryony works between the Lindo Wing and QCH so you could choose either. I really enjoyed my experience on the Stanley Clayton private ward as the midwives were excellent there too. The cost was virtually identical to the Lindo Wing as they are both part of Imperial Healthcare. If Bryony is already booked up then I recommend William Dennes. I had some earlier NHS appointments with him and his expertise and manner is very similar to Bryony’s. Having a consultant you trust in can make all the difference.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in