Talk

Advanced search

Pregnant 7 months after c-section

(4 Posts)
torimumofone Fri 10-Jan-20 07:18:36

Hi everyone

After doing IVF to get our little boy I very unexpectedly have fallen pregnant naturally just 7 months after a c-section delivery.

I'm so worried about the risks of having another baby so soon after the first. Apparently you should wait 12-18 months to recover but obviously we're now pregnant so I'm worried, are the risks too great?

Does anyone have any experience (good or bad) of childbirth so soon after the last?

Thanks

OP’s posts: |
divafever99 Fri 10-Jan-20 07:24:45

I was told to wait 12 months before getting pregnant again after my first emergency section. I think the reason is there is a risk of uterine rupture during labour if you have a vaginal delivery second time round. I would be seeking some advice from a consultant, I would think it would be highly likely you would be offered an elective section. Congratulations and hope everything goes well. thanks

bathorshower Fri 10-Jan-20 07:33:00

A friend had two children within a year (the second was a surprise) having had a c-section first time round. She had a second c-section, but was otherwise fine. You won't be the first!

Kezmum14 Fri 10-Jan-20 22:10:05

Congratulations smile try not to panic. I fell pregnant 5 months after my 2nd c section and was still supported for a vbac. Unfortunately I did end up having a third c section as I wasn’t progressing but all went really well. The doctors did mention that I had a thin scar and to wait 2 years before I tried for anymore. My children are 13 months apart and I had no problems with the operation or recovery smile

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in