Talk

Advanced search

Labour

(10 Posts)
SamT210 Tue 07-Jan-20 13:13:06

Hi ladies, I'm after some advice as a FTM and nothing seems to be making sense at the moment. I had a sweep yesterday at 40 weeks, midwife said I was 2cm dilated. Had my show at 1am, quickly followed by regular surges every 5 minutes. Called labour ward for advice at 6:30am as couldn't sleep through them and she said to have a bath and chill out. It's now 1pm and surges are still every 5 minutes but slightly stronger with some almost becoming unbearable. I'm starting to think this is going to last days but I don't want to keep calling the labour ward just to be told to sit here waiting. Please can someone give me some positive experiences or tell me what I should be expecting to happen? It's been 12 hours of the same and I'm pretty exhausted 😩

OP’s posts: |
Boymummy3 Tue 07-Jan-20 13:21:49

If they are getting stronger I would give them a ring back and see what they say.. If paracetamol and a bath have not helped then it could be that your in slow labour.

Selfsettling3 Tue 07-Jan-20 19:27:32

Definitely sounds like slow labour but yes it could go on for days.

Eat and drink. Get on your birth ball. Watch some good happy TV in a dimmer room. Nap if you can.

SamT210 Wed 08-Jan-20 00:32:54

That's the problem I've been awake since 1am yesterday and can't sleep through the pains. Absolutely shattered 😩

Melmam Wed 08-Jan-20 10:46:57

How you feeling Op hope you have managed some sleep

SamT210 Thu 09-Jan-20 19:53:33

Baby boy made a very dramatic entrance in a very traumatic birth at 20:49 last night. Please go say he absolutely makes the whole thing worth it!

Selfsettling3 Thu 09-Jan-20 19:56:57

I’m glad he made an arrival. Congratulations and well done. Look after yourself.

Melmam Thu 09-Jan-20 20:50:42

Congrautlations on your baby boy its so amazing those first few hours after birth. Hope Mum and baby are doing well flowersflowers

fluffyjumper Fri 10-Jan-20 18:24:00

I had my baby boy same night at 20.23. 3rd degree tear had to be transferred to hospital for surgery as I had a home birth. 2 tears he has left me with. But all worth it.

SamT210 Fri 10-Jan-20 20:58:58

Fluffy jumper - yeah I had an episiotomy and a 4th degree luckily was already in hospital and had been for many hours prior

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in