Talk

Advanced search

Got questions about giving birth? Know what to expect and when to expect it, with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

childbirth following recent removal of bartholin cyst

(4 Posts)
chummymummy Wed 22-Aug-07 12:33:50

dont know if anyone can help, but i would appreciate your thoughts...
I have recently had a whopper of bart cyst removed from my bits a couple of weeks ago (at 35 wks pregnant), the surgery took place using a spinal block etc and recovery has been long and drawn out due to the fact that im heavily preggers (its been nrly 3 wks and im still sore down there.)

The problem is that i have a clinic appointment next week to decide whether or not to go natural or have an elective cesarean (i had an emergency c with my first baby last yr due to fetal distress). The mwife and doctors seem to think that natural labour is 'possible', but im worried as there are only a few weeks left at the most. i dont want to have a trial of labour for the sake of it and end up with an emergency cesarean again, because the bart cyst site may re-open etc and i would have to worry about the c-section recovery as well.
just want quick recovery and healthy baby (is that too much to ask!!??)
i know that this is quite a specific dilemma but i have been unable to find anything on it so far. any thoughts...

Pheebe Wed 22-Aug-07 14:20:02

If it were me I'd ask for a planned cs. Sounds like you've been through quite enough! If you're feeling really strong and received in a couple of weeks time you can always change your mind, if not then its all scheduled and you can make arrangements.

Pheebe Wed 22-Aug-07 14:20:22

err recovered not received!

chummymummy Wed 22-Aug-07 19:31:55

i think you're right, i will speak to the docs next week about a planned cs-wish me luck!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: