Talk

Advanced search

Bloody show - your experiences?

(8 Posts)
NMCB Fri 01-Nov-19 10:55:29

Woke up yesterday and had a small amount of brown discharge and was feeling a little bit crampy. Woke up today to a lot more brown discharge and feeling the same as yesterday.

I'm thinking labour is imminent - I'm 40wks + 4 days

What have your experiences been?

Thanks! X

OP’s posts: |
stripes416 Fri 01-Nov-19 13:38:55

If I remember rightly I started having contractions around 2 days later, woke up in the middle of the night with them and had felt completely normal all day before

dellacucina Fri 01-Nov-19 13:41:50

Bloody show started basically simultaneously with contractions for me and continued throughout labour. As I recall, it looked sort of like brown period blood.

EscapeTheOrdinary Sat 02-Nov-19 13:58:06

Mine appeared 3 hours after contractions started but was bright red blood about the same amount as a period. went into hospital to be checked and I was 7cm dilated at the time

GrumpyHoonMain Mon 04-Nov-19 12:04:20

Pink jelly like show at 32 weeks, and the only thing that really changed in the month since is that my braxton hicks has become more painful.

GreenEyeBlueEye Sat 16-Nov-19 23:17:14

Bloody show 2 hours before DS arrived x

OlderthenYoungerNow Sat 16-Nov-19 23:19:40

I never had a bloody show before Labour kickstarted. My waters were broken artificially at 7cm after about 10 hours and I imagine it came out then? No idea!

Gingerninja01 Tue 19-Nov-19 12:46:39

Was like a big spoonful of redcurrant jelly. Contractions started a couple of hours later.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in