Talk

Advanced search

Is this Mumsnet pefection?

(11 Posts)
TheDuchessOfNorksBride Fri 17-Aug-07 09:16:47

I wish all women had the opportunity to give birth somewhere like this Crowborough Birthing Centre.

It's where I had my first 2 and it is glorious. The midwives are sensational - although they do fight each other to attend homebirths .

Naturally, it is under constant threat of closure but has a huge support network. So I hope we can keep it.

Just wanted to share. (They do take people from outside the area you know, DoNB tips the wink).

massivebigpantsface Fri 17-Aug-07 09:20:47

I did consider this place and will certainly go for it next time, especially the way things are looking for eastbourne dgh!

OofyProsser Fri 17-Aug-07 19:50:28

i want one

policywonk Fri 17-Aug-07 19:53:00

Yes, I considered this one when I lived in Brighton but the journey was a bit too far (especially as DS2's second stage lasted literally two seconds). It does sound great though.

Oofy - have you mislaid a Wegg about the place?

Beauregard Fri 17-Aug-07 19:55:49

We used to have a local birth unit which was very much the same ,more like a hotel,lol.
Then it was closed

NineUnlikelyTales Fri 17-Aug-07 20:10:25

If I hadn't moved to a different part of the country just before DS was born, I could have had him at Crowborough We do have somewhere similar in the same county but it wasn't accessible to me. They are trying to close that too.

Choice, choice, choice eh?

callmeovercautious Fri 17-Aug-07 20:10:46

They are fab! We have a Midwife led Birthing unit at the Rosie in Cambridge but it is often closed if the main wards are really busy. They are great and need our support!

mrsdarcy Fri 17-Aug-07 20:28:08

I looked round Crowborough and thought it looked gorgeous. It smelled like a spa (lovely aromatherapy oils and fluffy towels) rather than a hospital. They wouldn't take me though as I have GBS so I had to go to smelly Pembury.

Tranquila Fri 17-Aug-07 20:37:26

dont they just.

its a crime the way midwifery and fantastic home-from-home birth units like this are being closed all the time, while the govt crows about 'choice'. lying bastads!

i was extremely lucky to be both party to my mothers wisdom on the subject of childbirth ( a mw of 25 yrs standing and an advocate of 'natural' birth) and the dp of my dp who was wealthy enough to afford this place (website doesnt do it justice tbh]], which is similar to the one in the OP.

the best of all tho (assuming there are no complications ec) is home (water) birth, which i got 3rd time round (and wouldve for all 3, only dp was nervous and insisted on being near medical help in case of the extremely unlikely (in my case) event of trouble rearing its head, dozy sod .)

TheDuchessOfNorksBride Fri 17-Aug-07 21:06:23

for MrsDarcy at smelly Pembury. DD1 has been admitted there twice and it's filthy.

Tranquila - ditto! After 2 great births at CBC I had my 3rd at home and very nice it was too!

Tranquila Sat 18-Aug-07 09:12:29

cool - that makes you my birth twin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now