Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

St. Thomas' Lansdell Suite or Portland?

(5 Posts)
musgrave Fri 17-Aug-07 09:15:15

Hi! If you have any experience with either hospital, could you please give me your feedback? I am 13 weeks with my first child and have to decide asap where to birth. Ideally, I would like a natural water birth - have looked at both places, the Portland seems a lot nicer, but is it also more professional? Prices for midwife led care are almost the same.

Any feedback is greatly appreciated - thanks so much xx

margoandjerry Fri 17-Aug-07 09:21:57

I went to the Landsdell after experiencing utter uselessness at UCH. I liked it - recovery rooms are gorgeous. Food is not great, despite the price. It was nice to have a midwife actually come when you ring the bell - they still couldn't help me with bfing though ...had to get further help privately with that.

Had EC so can't comment on the water birth facilities.

musgrave Mon 03-Sep-07 08:53:24

Thanks so much for your feedback, greatly appreciated! The more hospitals I see the better I like the Lansdell...

NappiesGalore Mon 03-Sep-07 08:58:29

go here i had my first two births here.

and beautiful, calming, well supported, happy, water birth experiences they were too.

cant recommend them enough. you should go to all the supporting classes too... like breastfeeding workshop.

NappiesGalore Mon 03-Sep-07 08:59:44

you have a 'family room' to recover in afterwards. is more like a hotel room, than a hospital, with double beds and ensuite bathrooms.

very naice wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now