Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Positive VBAC stories please - need some reassurance

(6 Posts)
Holymoly321 Tue 14-Aug-07 13:24:20

Am 27 wks with baby No2 (DS will be 2yrs 2mths when this one is due) and had an elective section with him as he was breech so have never gone through labour. Was thinking about VBAC but keep changing my mind for fear of tearing (DS was 8lbs 12 so chances are this baby will be even bigger and I've never had a baby go through the birth canal so have not 'stretched' at all in preparation!), losing my pelvic floor, having all sorts on interventions and then having an emergecy section anyway. Please can you give me some positive stories to make me want to do VBAC

TooTicky Tue 14-Aug-07 13:26:58

My dd1 was born by emergency CS because she was breech (nobody knew until I was well into labour).
Ds1, ds2 and dd2 all born vaginally with no problems (8lb 14oz, 8lb 10oz and 8lb 2oz) and I'm not a big person

MrsCarrot Tue 14-Aug-07 13:33:22

I had a vbac with lo in january after having had an emergency section with dd and it was great. I was really worried about having to have more surgery but it was strightforward and wonderful to be able to give birth vaginally again.

I also know plenty of small people who give birth to 8, 9 1b babies with no tears. I had a small one but no stitches.

mummydoit Tue 14-Aug-07 18:05:46

My DS1 was an elective c-section as he was breech. Had a successful VBAC for DS2, no problems whatsoever. There won't be a number three but, if there were, I'd go for VBAC again, definitely.

Klaw Tue 14-Aug-07 20:19:12

I had a VBAC 26 months ago and can tell you it's by far the best option even if mine didn't go quite to plan.

Check out the VBAC pages

Also some Birth stories here (includuing mine)

MonkeyBear Wed 15-Aug-07 20:31:12

Ds1 born by emergency CS
I had an awful recovery, so was determined to go for VBAC with ds2. It was great! minimal monitoring (and I was able to move around as much as I wanted), labour progressed really quickly, ds2 shot out (dh said with a pop like a champagne cork) weighing nearly 9lb, small tear but no real problems. I felt so proud of myself!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now