Talk

Advanced search

Is it unrealistic to go to this event post-episiotomy?

(9 Posts)
Lemonsqueasy Wed 09-Oct-19 19:51:33

Just had my first baby 4 weeks ago. Had a horrible birth and big episiotomy and although the MWs have said it all looks fine every time they check it, it's painful for me to be walking for more than a couple of hours. PMT- type aching downstairs and it gets really stingy a couple of hours in.
Had my hopes on going to a music event next month.. is there any way I'll be able to dance / be upright for 6ish hours? Any tips for how I could keep the area dry? I think this is what causes the stinging.

OP’s posts: |
ScrubDubdub Wed 09-Oct-19 19:54:49

Took me 3 months to get over mine

I went to a party for 45 mins 3 weeks post partum, 20 min walk to bus, 30 mins on bus, 45 mins party and same on way back.

I only just did it

hormonesorDHbeingadick Wed 09-Oct-19 19:55:21

I think it will be much better in 6 weeks, not totally healed but better.

Try laying on a towel naked with your legs spread to air the area.

Are you happy/OK to leave baby for this long?

20viona Wed 09-Oct-19 22:12:44

You'll be fine. As pp says pants off and sleep on a towel let it get some air it will feel better. And don't used perfumed bath or shower stuff down There.

Lemonsqueasy Wed 09-Oct-19 23:28:57

Thanks so much for your replies guys!
@hormonesorDHbeingadick yeah that's a whole other issue, having a practice run beforehand to see how we are for a couple of hours.

@ScrubDubdub brave! Couldn't have imagined going to a party last week. Those timings seem similar to what I can stand. Personal question but when did you manage to have sex again?

@20viona so good to hear some optimism. Thank you

OP’s posts: |
PoohBearsHole Wed 09-Oct-19 23:30:36

Witch hazel on a flannel? To help heal?

20viona Thu 10-Oct-19 08:01:31

Also I used spritz for bits post episiotomy and it was fabulous. I'm 13 weeks post epi and my healing was brilliant.

stepbystepdoula Thu 10-Oct-19 08:56:07

The old fashioned way was salt baths, to promote healing.
Hope you get to event and enjoy it 😀

FrancesV83 Fri 11-Oct-19 16:41:09

Another one for spritz for bits . It’s quite expensive but worth every penny! I was healed and having sex within 3 weeks (gently with lots of lube!)

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in