Talk

Advanced search

Which birthpool?

(11 Posts)
mush4brains Sat 11-Aug-07 08:52:40

I'm sure this hasbeen asked many times before but am hoping to have a homebirth next month & wondered which birthing pool people would suggest & if its better to hire or buy?
Thanks

domesticgrumpess Sat 11-Aug-07 09:46:40

Message withdrawn

pattymc Sat 11-Aug-07 14:05:15

Hi I had a home birth last friday and used birth in a box which is now in our garden and works brilliantly - along with the standard extras we also bought an electric pump and electric water pump and is our best buy so far - we have been enjoying beers in the pool in the garden and midwife says we can take our little baby boy in with us when the cord has dropped off. thoroughly recommend home birth by the way.

NotADragonOfSoup Sat 11-Aug-07 14:08:07

Birth Pool In A Box - fabulous, can't think of a downside to it really. Did the job admirably

NotADragonOfSoup Sat 11-Aug-07 14:09:08

Tip - yes the liner really is worth it. You (or more accurately your DH) can bundle the, er, last remnants up in it and bin the whole lot.

bigmouthstrikesagain Sat 11-Aug-07 14:35:29

Let me add another vote of confidence for the bpiab - I was very comfy in it. It is just the right depth and lack of rigidity combined with enough firmness to sit on the sides without fear - is ideal

Ceolas Sat 11-Aug-07 14:53:30

I have the BPIAB to use in the next fornight.

The reason I went for it over la Bassine was that it has handles on the outside. From previous birth experience, I expect I'll find them handy to lean over the side and hold onto during the pushing bit.

We had a go at inflating it a few nights ago and the mini seems a good size. Not filled it yet.

lulalullabye Sat 11-Aug-07 14:59:40

We hired a pool from Aquabirths. Very friendly, they deliver and assemble as hard sided. Very big and would recommend excellent service. I was 14 days overdue and no hassle about getting the pool back.

Again second the homebirth, fantastic experience.

mush4brains Sat 11-Aug-07 17:50:54

Thanks. with birth in a box do I just need to also order the accessories kit or do I need a liner too?

Ceolas Sat 11-Aug-07 19:26:10

You get a liner with the pool, I think. You would only need to order more if you want to have a trial or use the pool for relaxation beforehand.

We ordered the standard kit with the pump for emptying, but it's up to you.

sarahlou1uk Sat 11-Aug-07 19:30:14

I had a la bassine and couldn't fault it. I'm not exactly small (5' 8" and 16 stone) and it was lovely and comfy for me. Invest in a pump to pump OUT the water - lot quicker than waiting for it to drain out of the hose via gravity or ladelling it out by the bucket full. We had an old fish pond pump which did the job. Just make sure if you're planning to use the pool before the actual birth date to run some Milton through the pump.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now