Talk

Advanced search

Q - Is GF going into early stages of labour?

(21 Posts)
yerblurt Fri 10-Aug-07 21:00:09

Hi all

GF is 40wks + 1 day

This morning at 7am she decided to:
- hang out the washing
- fold all the clothes and attempt to put them away
- running around like a mad thing
- went to see a friend who helped out last week with a difficult situation regarding pet dog

today:
GF is feeling:
- started getting pain in lower back, like period pain and around the front, a dull ache
- feels completely washed out
- had sweats earlier today, hot sweat around face and felt very shaky (this was in a supermarket, so air conditioned), wondered if it was hypo glycaemia and had some food.
- feels pressure in her bowel and feels want to go the toilet

... OK advice please!

is this early stages of labour?

It's GF's first child - I've got a child from previous relationship who is here for the w/e, so I could REALLY do with sproggle not arriving until monday! ;o)

tissy Fri 10-Aug-07 21:01:12

Not the GF?

Nbg Fri 10-Aug-07 21:01:28

Sounds like things could be starting.

Is she getting any tightnings?

SenoraPostrophe Fri 10-Aug-07 21:03:28

it sounds like it'll be soon, but it could be days yet I'm afraid. I had backache a good 3 or 4 days beforehand.

MerlinsBeard Fri 10-Aug-07 21:04:57

THE GF?
SUrely not?

if it is can't wait to see how The Routine works for her [evil grin]

MerlinsBeard Fri 10-Aug-07 21:05:32

oooooh GirlFriend not GF...doh!

NineUnlikelyTales Fri 10-Aug-07 21:06:21

Overdoing it can bring on pains - I had these symptoms every time I went for a long walk and thought I was in the early stages of labour several times. DS was 3 weeks late

DaisyMOO Fri 10-Aug-07 21:08:57

Maybe. But it could also be a tummy upset. If it is labour it will become obvious over the next few hours/days. Try and carry on as usual, rest (both of you) if you can, and try and ignore it for as long as possible. Your other child will probably be a good distraction!

meandmy Fri 10-Aug-07 21:09:02

well you should already know from exp that the baby will come when it (sorry) wants and then will be boss forever!

yerblurt Fri 10-Aug-07 21:14:12

Hi all thanks for the speedy responses!

GF - I'm confused, I obviously know it means 'girlfriend' .... what does the other meaning of GF mean???

GF says bump sometimes feels 'squidgy' and sometimes tight, but can't tell if it's baby wriggling or not.

So not cyclical. phew

tissy Fri 10-Aug-07 21:15:15

<<whispers...Gina Ford>>

DaisyMOO Fri 10-Aug-07 21:15:25

Gina Ford She is Mumsnet biggest fan and we all love her loads.

Nbg Fri 10-Aug-07 21:16:17

Well when its getting tight thats the contractions.

She should know when baby moves or kicks. It definatley feels different.

Try timing them and see how frequent they are coming but as SP said it could be days yet.

yerblurt Fri 10-Aug-07 21:27:36

Gina Ford ... now it makes sense.

GF not too sure about timing as they seem to be pretty irregular. She just knows they are there and she feels knackered

She's under orders to get her feet up for the w/e and do bugger all. I'm in charge and she's doing nowt, I'm doing it all!

tissy Fri 10-Aug-07 21:29:56

erm....I think she'll have to do the actual pushing

yerblurt Fri 10-Aug-07 21:45:53

I meant for the w/e! Don't really want to be rushing to hospital whilst madam is here, much rather wait for it until monday

... but babies don't wait on ceremony do they!

charlotte121 Fri 10-Aug-07 22:05:13

she will deffo know if she is in labour... my first pains were not that painful but were uncomfertable and were paced lasting a ceratain amount of time. best thing is to stay calm and when the pain gets worse go to hosp. they sent me home twice even tho i was in pain. get her to rest a see if the pain persists. x

Klaw Sat 11-Aug-07 00:32:21

Check out Early Labour mistakes, Yerblurt. Don't let her recline, she must lie on her left side or else keep upright with her belly in front of hips and hips above knees. This gives baby the space to rotate in labour. Leaning over an exercise ball or on all fours are great positions, standing leaning into you.....

Let us know how you go come the morning and we can keep the encouragement going

ghosty Sat 11-Aug-07 06:57:57

I also thought of the other GF ROFL
Good luck to your GF yerblurt ... I know it isn't that convenient but if the baby comes when your DD is around wouldn't it be a lovely experience for her to be at home when her baby brother/sister arrives?

yerblurt Sun 12-Aug-07 20:04:42

ghosty - we thought of that, but it would be more hassle than it's worth, DD would be expecting everything to happen in 5 mins (as kids do lol). Madam is looking forward to being a big sister, but I just don't want the ex-wifey poking her beak around!

... anyway in further news, the GF feels better than Friday - she had probably just overdone it that day.

GF has been getting her feet up a bit, but about an hour ago I'm sure the show made an appearance in the toilet.... whey hey! Things moving on.

We'll see how it goes over the next few days... keep you all informed!

MerlinsBeard Sun 12-Aug-07 20:13:13

was just checking in to see how she was doing. sounds like it won't be too long then

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now