Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

At what point should I start to be concerned? Where is my period?

(12 Posts)
flowerybeanbag Mon 06-Aug-07 20:04:13

I gave birth to DS 12 weeks ago. I had a period at about 4-5 weeks, then nothing since. I am normally pretty regular.

At what point should I be worried? I know breastfeeding can delay/interfere with it, but I have been bottlefeeding from the start so I assumed everything would go back to normal quickly.

lulumama Mon 06-Aug-07 20:06:09

well, are you worried you might be pregnant? or just that your cycle is irregular , IFSWYM?

are you using hormonal contraception?

can take a while for things to get back to normal, and in a regular cycle

TheQueenOfQuotes Mon 06-Aug-07 20:08:29

flowery - when I bottlefed DS2 my period didn't return until he was 6 months old - and even then it was quite irregular for a few months,

Unfortuantely DS3 (who is mixed fed) is only 10 weeks old and I've already had one ....whether I shall return regularly soon or not I shall soon find out.

flowerybeanbag Mon 06-Aug-07 20:09:05

definitely no possibility of being pregnant, and not using any hormonal contraception.
Just a bit concerned about nothing in 8 weeks, as I say I'm normally regular and I anticipated as I am bottlefeeding that it would be quick getting back to normal.
Is it normal to be so irregular even without breastfeeding then? If so I will not worry yet.

Theclosetpagan Mon 06-Aug-07 20:11:10

I bottlefed too fbb and it was 9 months before I had a period. It sometimes takes a while.

lulumama Mon 06-Aug-07 20:12:04

cycles can be a bit hit and miss, i would not worry to much, especially as worrying can delay things further

flowerybeanbag Mon 06-Aug-07 20:14:34

Blimey, sounds perfectly normal then?
<wipes brow in relief>
I will not panic for a few months if I don't get back to normal, was just getting slightly worried as I had no idea it was normal when bottlefeeding as well as breastfeeding.
Thank you everyone for reassurance!

NineUnlikelyTales Mon 06-Aug-07 20:14:59

Are you 100% certain you had a period and not a return of lochia because you were overdoing things?

flowerybeanbag Mon 06-Aug-07 20:17:11

Um.
Don't know.
I thought it was a period, I had stopped bleeding for quite a while previously so assumed it was.
Maybe it wasn't.
If it wasn't should I be more worried?

Olihan Mon 06-Aug-07 20:27:27

I ff my first 2 dcs and my periods didn't come back until they were well over 5 months. Make the most of the 'time off'!!

flowerybeanbag Mon 06-Aug-07 20:34:30

good point olihan!

NineUnlikelyTales Mon 06-Aug-07 22:51:05

No need to worry either way

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now