Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Post section stomach - who else managed to lose the overhang post section?

(70 Posts)
RedFraggle Mon 06-Aug-07 14:07:10

I have read so many people posting that they never lost the flabby tummy and that the overhang is permanent after a section. I cannot be the only person whio managed to lose it surely? It took my a little over a year but I did it...
Anyone else get a normal stomach afterwards? I'm not talking about a washboard, just a normal non-squidgy stomach!

DANCESwithDumbledore Mon 06-Aug-07 14:09:11

Would it be rude to say

PISS OFF SHOW OFF!

from the owner of a PROPER post section tummy

belgo Mon 06-Aug-07 14:10:50

Posh Spice lost it. Three times.

LaDiDaDi Mon 06-Aug-07 14:11:04

Mine's ok too.

Would I dare to say that it's got a very slight dip to it at that point of the scar but it's so flat that you cant really notice it !

witchandchips Mon 06-Aug-07 14:11:23

mine's not bad. Loads of pram pushing and walking seemed to do the trick. Tummy back to normal around 9 months post partum

RedFraggle Mon 06-Aug-07 14:11:24

I've had another section now so have a wobbly tummy again now - but I plan to lose it! (I hope!)

CountessDracula Mon 06-Aug-07 14:12:18

mine is vile

I do have a twice the normal width scar though due to spending 12 hours after birth almost bleeding to death. Do you think that makes a differnect

totaleclipse Mon 06-Aug-07 14:13:55

Well dont keep it to your bloody self!!! Tell us how you did it???

RedFraggle Mon 06-Aug-07 14:15:40

I lost mine through taking up running. I took part in the race for life and trained pretty hard for it. As a bonus I noticed that my tummy shrank and stopped wobbling. So I will be hitting the streets (to run ) again very soon!

ladymac Mon 06-Aug-07 14:16:24

Posh Spice and other celebs that have C sections at 38 weeks have their plastic surgeons on hand to give them a tummy tuck as they sew them up.

mrsmalumbas Mon 06-Aug-07 14:16:50

No c-section here but very wobbly tummy - it's like all the "bounce" has gone out of the skin, it is sort of sad and saggy. Even when I lose weight it still sort of droops. Does age make a difference do you think? I was 35 when had DD1 and am nearly 40 now. I wonder if I had my children in my 20's I would have been more springy!

totaleclipse Mon 06-Aug-07 14:17:03

Oh gawd, I could'nt go running in public!!! would rather gorge my own eyes out with a fork

LaDiDaDi Mon 06-Aug-07 14:18:27

Eat healthily... or at least try!
I make a conscious effort to focus on my core abdominal muscles when out walking or just sitting. hold in your tummy and then one day it will hold itself in iyswim.

Mine was a mess after delivery due to massive haematoma and wound dehiscence one week after birth. Had a drain thing in for 5 weeks until it finally healed. Fine now though.

LaDiDaDi Mon 06-Aug-07 14:20:13

Oh, another reason I might have got back to normal is that dd was 32 weeks and only weighed 3lb 3oz so I wasn't stretched as much as the rest of you probably were.

Yes, tiny baby probably the reason for my flat tum rather than healthy diet and core abdo stuff ...

ladymac Mon 06-Aug-07 14:21:17

I have to hold my boobs (bf ing an 18 wk old) when I move at anything faster than strolling pace.

totaleclipse Mon 06-Aug-07 14:22:53

Oh I have no hope then, I had a C section with dts.....well one was a c section, she refused to follow her twin via the usual route

littlelapin Mon 06-Aug-07 14:23:38

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

littlelapin Mon 06-Aug-07 14:24:01

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

mistlethrush Mon 06-Aug-07 14:24:29

Ds was early too, but only by 1wk, and he was 10lb5oz, so any ideas from anyone else that's managed to lose bulge after such a large baby would be very gratefully received!

RedFraggle Mon 06-Aug-07 14:26:41

My first baby was a section at 42 weeks and my second at 39 weeks. I'm 31 now so pretty average age-wise. I run in the evening as it starts to get dark at first and a good bra is essential for those BF boobs!

Anchovy Mon 06-Aug-07 14:27:12

I am an average size - neither fat nor thin. I had 2 C sections 22 months apart and both were over 8lbs.

I do run, although I have to say that it has not really made any difference. I think the real key is pilates: I started doing it when Dd was about 4 months old (very gingerly!) and have done it weekly since then (DD nearly 4). It really works. !

witchandchips Mon 06-Aug-07 14:27:47

Honestly i think the easiest thing is walking and pram pushing. If you push a pram + shopping for 40 minutes a day you will soon see the benefits.

suwoo Mon 06-Aug-07 14:30:24

I did too amazingly. Don't know how, but it is completely flat, I work hard on my core muscles and hold them in peranently (and I mean permanently!!) So yeah I am blessd with a lovely flat tummy, but you should see the state of my big saggy long bottom . We are all different and all have areas that we like and areas that we don't.

totaleclipse Mon 06-Aug-07 14:32:09

I think my stomach muscles are knackered, dts birth was horrific, dt1 was born naturally, but dt2 had to be delivered by C section, the surgeon could'nt get my placenta out, and he was very very rough with me, H e was pulling so hard I was actually moving on the bed, at that point my epidural started to wear off {ouch!!!!} and I was immediately given a general anesthetic, so I expect while I was out cold he was even rougher, probably damaging my stomach muscles forever.

snowleopard Mon 06-Aug-07 14:32:25

Mine's not too bad. Slightly flabby tum anyway, before and after, but not too much of an overhang. I'm not generally overweight and I eat healthily and do a lot of buggy-pushing and walking, but no "proper" exercise.

A nurse friend told me that if your overhang hangs down so far that it covers your fanjo (!) you can have cosmetic surgery for it on the NHS, called an "apronectomy".

<visions of MNers hanging little weights to their overhangs to meet the requirements>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now