Talk

Advanced search

Bleeding

(6 Posts)
AwayWithTheJoys Fri 09-Aug-19 00:21:07

How long after you gave birth did you bleed for? And sorry to ask, but was it always red/brown blood. I'm 3 weeks pp and bleeding has pretty much stopped. Though I'm now getting a yellow discharge. Is this normal?

I had some internal stitches. These have come out/dissolved (again sorry, I've noticed them when wiping). I feel well in myself, so I'm not sure if I'm over thinking everything, but I'm not sure (so embarrassing) if there an odour that I hadn't noticed before.. not terrible just different. I'll call my gp tomorrow. I just can't sleep now, worrying about it all.

OP’s posts: |
Anothertempusername Fri 09-Aug-19 00:26:55

The yellow is part of the lochia (post birth bleeding) and completely normal. Stitches will come out; if there's no pain or very bright red / fresh blood then any odour is probably just the lochia. It has a bit of a "meaty" smell. If you have pain in your tear site / stitched area and think the odour is from that you could have an infection. If you're worried see your GP. Best of luck - this too shall pass :-)

MumbleLumble Fri 09-Aug-19 00:44:02

From what I can remember, that all sounds normal to me. I'd only be concerned if the smell was bad.

rach2019 Fri 09-Aug-19 01:05:13

I'm 3 and a half weeks pp and that sounds exactly the same as me, I'm pretty sure its normal and that it would be painful if I had any sort of infection. Can you not ring your midwife?

Hmmmbop Fri 09-Aug-19 21:21:38

Sounds really normal. I had a uterine infection once and honestly it smelled like rotting meat when I took my knickers down!

CmdrCressidaDuck Fri 09-Aug-19 22:13:59

Entirely normal, and you're on the lucky side that it only lasted 3 weeks!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in