Talk

Advanced search

Got questions about giving birth? Know what to expect and when to expect it, with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

7 weeks post cesarean and pain in scar area-please help!!

(4 Posts)
Meliasmum Wed 01-Aug-07 17:53:56

I gave birth to my son 7 weeks ago, and everything was going fine until I decided to go on a massive shopping spree at week 5. I think I must have pulled something as eversince on and off I have pain in the area above my scar (2nd section) I have a little lump on 1 side and a pain abovve that. The docs think its ok-Its just probably the strap muscle that was stretched during the op, and only time will heal it so I have to take things easier. (he seems right as the less i do the better it gets!!) I have a toddler also which means I am on the go all the time. Does anyine have any suddestions to aid the healing. I have heard og Arnica but know nothing at all about it and I am the sort of person who wont just take anything!! I need to know about it first! Any ideas?

lulumama Wed 01-Aug-07 18:24:28

arnica is a homeopathic remedy which is excellent for helping to heal bruising...it is sold in Boots and is not some weirdy odd thing !!

you have had major surgery, and you need to try to take it easy !

pain is your body's way of telling you to take it slower

also, as everything heals and knits together things can feel tender and sore...

if you are at all concerned go back to the doctors

but try to rest up !

Meliasmum Wed 01-Aug-07 18:43:39

Thanks Lulumama-Do you think Arnica would help me then? I realise I need to rest, but even a quick visit to the park was too much! Starting to feel I will never be back to normal. My son now weighs at least 12lbs and its difficult to avoid all the lifting and sitting him sitting in my lap etc...Seeing doc next wk for baby check so he will look at me again then. Do you know amyone who has taken this remedy before-I had never heard of it til I visited Mumsnet.

lulumama Wed 01-Aug-07 20:22:06

I have taken arnica, after my c.s and a vaginal birth and found it really beneficial

give yourself time, you have just had a baby and had surgery, ask people around you for help, especially if it is not offered !

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: