Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

3rd Degree tear healing and discharge

(7 Posts)
MrsT78 Sun 22-Jul-07 21:25:32

Hello ladies, after a 39hour labour I gave birth (1st child) to my gorgeous 8lb 10oz son, this was just over 5 weeks ago. I ended up with a 3rd degree tear which all looks ok if not a little more open than before (sorry if TMI). I still feel a heavy feeling down there if standing/sitting too long or overdoing housework.
I stopped bleeding a week ago and now have a discharge which looks a greeny/yellowy brownish kind of colour and I cant say that its foul smelling.
I just wondered if this is normal?
I do have my 6 week chk on Thurs but just wondered if I should be concerned.

Thanks in advance

Mrs T78 xx

krabbiepatty Sun 22-Jul-07 21:38:21

That doesn't sound right to me, Mrs T78 - I have not had worse than a 2nd degree tear, but greeny sounds infected to me...

MrsT78 Sun 22-Jul-07 21:43:17

oh dear, wouldn't I be in lots of pain though? and why now after 4 1/2 weeks of being fine would it suddenly become infected? I havent bathed differently or anything

mummytosteven Sun 22-Jul-07 21:48:26

I think that sounds OK, like the lochia tailing off - going from red to brown to yellow. But good that you are seeing the GP on thurs to double check. I also had the undercarriage ache for quite some time after the birth.

MrsT78 Sun 22-Jul-07 22:07:35

Im not too worried about the aching undercarriage since reading some of the other threads on here. I do hope i havent got an infection though - Im not keen on any medical faffing in that area - oooh it makes me cringe just the thought!

accessorizewithbabysick Sun 22-Jul-07 22:17:12

Sounds right to me (lochia) but gp can reassure you. But if you're feeling uncomfortable or heavy, you should rest - you only had a baby 5 weeks ago!!!
I had 3rd degree tears with ds2 and the mw kept asking if there was a problem with smell, so if it's not that's a good sign.

MrsT78 Mon 23-Jul-07 11:21:14

Thanks for your advice girls, really appreciate it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now