Talk

Advanced search

39 weeks - constipated - no signs of labour

(8 Posts)
Roxyxo Sat 01-Jun-19 00:15:13

39 weeks today with first baby

Cannot sleep. Or get comfortable. Or go to the toilet. My daughter seems to be really high up aswell it honestly feels as though she has no intention of making an appearance.

I've been bouncing on a birthing ball and I'm super relaxed... just the same as always.

Yes I know babies come when they're ready but surely I should be feeling at least a little different by now? I feel normal? Bumps high, she's super active. Not a single twinge.

Driving me insane I just want things to start moving. And to poop. (Sorry for tmi)

OP’s posts: |
Soola Sat 01-Jun-19 08:31:38

Drinking prune juice is a natural way to stimulate your bowels.

DeadDoorpost Sat 01-Jun-19 08:36:41

I never had diarrhoea or constipation just before labour. Baby suddenly dropped a few days before he was born (9 days late). I didn't even notice he'd dropped. Midwife mentioned it at an appt. Still couldn't see the difference in my bump when I got home to look.

Celeryapples Sat 01-Jun-19 08:45:59

Walking is really good for bringing things on, if you can find somewhere without too much traffic.
Gentle walking up hills, especially, can get things moving - bouncing on a ball is not such a natural activity so not so easily 'used' by your body.
I stocked so many tins of prunes and they were really effective for afterwards. Figs are good too.

Clankboing Sat 01-Jun-19 09:46:19

Pineapple juice. Makes it easier. Take some cartons with you after the birth too. But that feeling does intensify in the days before labour.

Bluerussian Sat 01-Jun-19 09:48:46

Take some Senokot and it will soon be all systems go on both fronts.

MrsMeSeeks Sat 01-Jun-19 10:17:10

Honestly, I don't think there's any way you can actually bring on labour. But if it's any consolation, my bump never dropped with DD1 - no twinges, no signs anything was about to happen, my waters just broke one day without any warning and we were off. So it might be just around the corner! Maybe.

Soola Sat 01-Jun-19 10:35:46

There is a acupressure point on your ankle that you can massage that is said to stimulate your womb so you can google that and give it a go. It might be rubbish or it might help, it’s harmless so give it a go.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in