Talk

Advanced search

Manchester mums- wythenshaw or st marys

(5 Posts)
Napqueen1234 Tue 21-May-19 20:01:32

Hello,

Newly pregnant and considering where to be referred for midwifery care. I’d prefer the birth centre at each but DD1 was early so ended up on standard labour ward and well aware that can happen for lots of different reasons! Have looked online and on which but wondered if anyone had any particularly good/bad experiences of either to help me decide? Thanks!

OP’s posts: |
Creatureofthenight Thu 23-May-19 20:57:22

I was at St Mary’s. The antenatal clinics are incredibly busy. My birth experience was ok, didn’t go the way I’d hoped but care was good (from the bits I remember when not off my head on diamorphine!). The postnatal ward staff were really lovely.

winetime1980 Thu 23-May-19 21:28:07

I found wythenshawe to be very good when using the birth centre. Induction on a ward not great but once in established labour the care was very good.
Have a look at the CQC reports available online, always worth reading up!

Napqueen1234 Thu 23-May-19 21:38:13

Thank you both for your experiences! The impression I get from local friends is st Mary’s is a major centre, v v v busy with a slight conveyor belt feel compared to Wythenshawe which seems a bit more relaxed and indivdual patient centred. But all birth plans tend to go tits up so my eyes are wide open!

OP’s posts: |
SheChoseDown Thu 23-May-19 22:08:47

Wythenshawe every time. I had my appointments at withington hospital.
Wythenshawe was empty when I had my first child!!!! Just little old me. Easier to get to and get parked as well

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in