Talk

Advanced search

What Sleep??

(7 Posts)
DivaSkyChick Thu 19-Jul-07 22:20:57

Everyone keeps saying of these last few weeks before the baby comes, "Enjoy it! Sleep while you can!"

I would like to know if any of you can actually sleep at night. I'm up peeing all frigging night and I'm sooo uncomfortable it's hard to be horizontal. Or vertical, for that matter... Am I alone?

TrinityRhino Thu 19-Jul-07 22:22:19

not alone at all
I had zero sleep on the last 6 or so weeks
it was hell
no advice but lots of sympathy

Magnolia36 Thu 19-Jul-07 22:25:24

Hi there! Im exactly the same...39 weeks and pretty much dread going to bed at night now - even with pillows strategically positioned everywhere, it still feels like Im lying on concrete - my hips just kill me all night.

So no you're definitely not alone!!

Twinklemegan Thu 19-Jul-07 22:25:55

I think when I had DS the sleepless nights for weeks on end were made much worse by not having slept through a night for the 4 months beforehand. I sympathise with you. If indigestion/heartburn is one of the problems, be assured that those disappear the instant baby is born.

suzi2 Thu 19-Jul-07 22:47:57

I'd highly recommend a memory foam mattress or mattress topper. Really helps with the aches and pains. Doesn't help with the peeing every 30mins though sorry.

Or try snoozing as much as possible during the day. TBH, with a nearly 2 yr old and a 5 month old I'm insanely jealous of anyone who does have the opportunity to nod off on the sofa, regardless of whether they enjoy it or not lol.

TrinityRhino Thu 19-Jul-07 22:50:40

with you there suzi
I am INSANELY jealous of amyome that gets more than 2 hours straight sleep

with a 2 year old and 45 month odl that isn't possible and daytime snoozes aren't something that ever happens now

jetgirl Thu 19-Jul-07 22:56:19

I'm 5 month pg with my second and remember how little sleep i got in the last couple of months or so before my first was born. Someone told me it was the body's way of preparing you for the sleepless nights after the birth! I didn't care - I wanted all the sleep i could get beforehand and felt cheated out of it by being so uncomfortable and needing to pee all night. It didn't help that it was a very hot summer either.

At least the comfort issue goes once the baby is born, it's just the waking up to feed every few hours that disrupts sleep then

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now