Talk

Advanced search

bleeding after c/section

(7 Posts)
magaddict Sat 14-Jul-07 18:05:04

I had a cs two weeks ago and the blood loss I am still experiencing is still really heavy - I am feeling very tender around the scar (though can see no signs of any inflammation etc.) I told my mw last week that I was still having a heavy bleed and she said its normal for the flow to 'stop and start' but I don't remember this from my first cs two years ago and am starting to worry - I didn't tell her it was also painful because it was ok then and only started hurting again in the last few days. The blood loss also smells a bit unpleasant. Any advice from anyone who has experienced anything like this? Am I being paranoid or is something wrong?

lissie Sat 14-Jul-07 18:06:10

the smells a bit worrying i would speak to a different mw about it tbh.

lulumama Sat 14-Jul-07 18:06:34

the unpleasant smell can be a sign of an infection....also, being in pain and feeling tender can also mean an infection...you should call doc, see if you can get see and get antibiotics if that is the case...

NAB3 Sat 14-Jul-07 18:30:19

Are you doing too much. My first child wa born by section and my bleeding started again as I wasn't resting as much as possible. I had to have my scar resutured but that was a different problem.

Klaw Sat 14-Jul-07 19:36:46

It sounds like a possible infection, please get mw to do a swab ASAP so that you can get ABs started. The quicker you get it dealt with the sooner you are back to feeling normal again and you don't need to feel under the weather with two Lo's to look after.

Call MW tomorrow AM, OK?

Also if you are BF there are various ABs you can take while BF that have not been proven to cause problems over the decades and so are considered safe to take. There is no need to stop BF just to take ABs. Don't be told otherwise!!!!

http://www.safefetus.com/Search.asp
http://www.perinatology.com/exposures/druglist.htm
These sites can help you make an informed decision over which drugs you would be willing to take.

magaddict Sat 14-Jul-07 23:55:35

Thanks so much for your advice - I phoned NHS direct who made me an appointment with an out of hours doctor for this evening as they didn't want me to wait until tomorrow - I have got an infection and been given anti-biotics and painkillers with instructions to go to A & E tomorrow if it isn't getting any better after 24 hours. You were all really helpful as I was worried I was being over cautious and it was a side effect of the tiredness of having a newborn! So largely thanks to all of you I should get some pain-free sleep tonight! Much appreciated xx

lulumama Sun 15-Jul-07 14:03:00

you'll be feeling a lot better very soon x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now