Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Feel like things are starting!!!!!!! probably false alarm time will tell....

(117 Posts)
twoplusone Fri 13-Jul-07 21:45:07

Cant explain.. not sure whats going on really, just feel like things are starting. (or do you think I could be hoping to much!!)

My fanjo feels like it is about to explode, my lower back is going on and off in spasms, and quite strong irregular tightenings. I know this vcould go on ofr a few days yet.. but body wise I feel different!! does this make sense.
I have put my babysitter on alert just incase we need her in the middle of the night.

(probably will still be here past due date.. on SUnday then will feel embarressed.. )

No show or anything yet.. just uncomfortable and enough to pain in back and tummy to make me wince.....

lulumama Fri 13-Jul-07 21:46:14

sounds like you are getting ready.....i;d potter around, have a bath, and go to bed.. you will wake if things are kicking off, if not, you will get some sleep ! try sex & nipple stim to see if that gets things going

twoplusone Fri 13-Jul-07 21:48:19

Dh has already been put on a promise!! ..
Lo very active though

CalifrauniusFudge Fri 13-Jul-07 21:49:44

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

twoplusone Fri 13-Jul-07 21:59:35

going to have a bounce on my ball whilst watching tv.....

Princesspowersparkle Fri 13-Jul-07 22:03:09

Fingers crossed for you 2+1! x

twoplusone Sat 14-Jul-07 08:07:21

well, had some contractions 10-12 mins apart for about an hour then nothing..

Didnt manage the sex.. I said somehting to dh which made me laugh.. I laughed so much I started to cough, I had to get out of bed, as started to wee.. myself I think.. .. But when I stood up it was like a gush, but nothing since. I have ablocked nose so couldnt smell, dh said it didnt smell like wee.
But as I was couging and trying to stop the flow I couldnt so not sure if a set of waters have gone or I just properly wet myself.. . had to go to the loo twice for a a wee within 10mins of that happening. Then was up twice in the night for big wees.. (normally only up once).

JUst going to wait and see what happens today and tommorrow.. ( I am at the hospital on monday if nothing happens before anyway)

Will keep you informed if anyone is interested. xx

lulumama Sat 14-Jul-07 09:10:18

you cannot stop the flow of waters , like you can stop the flow of wee !

have you called labour ward?

put a pad on, and see if you are still leaking

twoplusone Sat 14-Jul-07 09:20:04

I havent phoned the labour ward, as the pains have stopped.
(Havent noticed any leaking since.. This happened at about 1am)
Figured that if nothing has happened by monday I am back at the hospital then anyway, and that is within the time range to be left. (If it was the wters) I am keeping an eye on the los movements etc..

MarsLady Sat 14-Jul-07 09:24:23

(Knew Lulu would be here)

Keep an eye on your temperature as well babe. Also... if the fluid changes colour get to hospital asap and don't wait for Monday.

I reckon if you rest and take it easy today you'll be posting again this afternoon about contractions.

<<Mars settles quietly in the corner with poetry by Okigbo and a bowl of cornflakes with bananas>>

twoplusone Sat 14-Jul-07 09:58:07

Will do thank you.

Think will do some pottering round the house.. keep myself busy..

I hate this waiting game.. but hey wont be long (max 2weeks/hopefully this weekend..) till I eventually have another lo in my arms..
xx

twoplusone Sat 14-Jul-07 09:59:53

That will be lightly pottering.. just noticed you said to rest!!

MarsLady Sat 14-Jul-07 10:01:13

Lightly pottering is fine! Eat and drink and rest as well today okay! (note that was not a question) I mean..... [stern look]

lulumama Sat 14-Jul-07 11:09:01

<<Munches fresh fruit , reads Ina May (again) ..waits.....waves at mars...>>

twoplusone Sat 14-Jul-07 11:58:20

Point taken...

Nothing else happening yet, but still dont feel quite myself.. will keep popping on and letting you know.. hopefully if I gently potter I am hoping things will pick up again.. I can see one of my rests including me a pint of juice and my breast pump.. cant hurt..

twoplusone Sat 14-Jul-07 15:04:50

Just had a snooze on the couch and now I feel like utter sh*t.. really drained and lethargic!! instead of refreshed.
geting some mild tightenings though, not as strong as last night. Going to sit in front of the fan for a bit and try and get some energy back then take ds for a little walk.

twoplusone Sat 14-Jul-07 21:59:13

still here, but babs is really bearing down..

It is really uncomfortable to be upright.. much more comfortable to be bent over.!!

MarsLady Sun 15-Jul-07 10:28:53

Ooh... are you still there or have you gone? (Like you'll post and answer if you're not there lol)

Klaw Sun 15-Jul-07 10:56:58

Yes Mars, she's going to rush home from the hossie to reply!

I've been keeping an eye on thread and wondering, the not being comfy except leaning over was interesting eh? there'll be a BA soon....

<<klaw breathes on crystal ball and gives it a good buff >>

twoplusone Sun 15-Jul-07 11:30:38

still here.... this babs just likes to tease me me thinks..
Today is the due date...

DH says that my bits are all swollen so hopefully that is a sign that things are about to happen too as well with all the little practice runs lo keeps giving me.
Feel nausious today to.

Seems to be on anight when most of the tightenings etc are happening, then I go to sleep and they go away...

Thank you for replying to me.xx

MarsLady Sun 15-Jul-07 12:49:47

That's okay honey. Don't worry you won't sleep through labour.

Continue to take things easy and continue to potter [stern look]

It's all sounding very good.

twoplusone Sun 15-Jul-07 13:38:11

It is so hot here today.. I /was tempted to sit in the paddling pool..
Just went to loo and noticed pad was damp... and it had gone through to knickers, so think I could be leaking fluid.. or the discharge has become watery.. (sorry if tmi). So am going to give paddling pool amiss..just incase..

twoplusone Sun 15-Jul-07 13:42:32

A quick question.. my first was c-section at 36weeks, my second was a vbac.. 2nd stage was 20mins and 3 pushes ( he flew out mw didnt get chance to guide his head or anything.. first opush he came into the canal, second push crowned..third landed on the bed.) 9went from 3cm to 10cm in about half an hour!) when labour does eventually start at what point should I make my way tot he hospital.. It is a 20 min drive.. (unless dh puts his foot down and we do the autobahn.. then we could ,make it quicker..!)
Is it more likley that this 2nd stage will be quick too..

(DS was op so the first stage was long but he positioned himself correctly and everything went from flash to bang.. this lo is ROA.)

lulumama Sun 15-Jul-07 13:45:14

once you are having regular, strong pains, that are in a rhythm, and persisting..also, if your waters go ....being on all fours in the back of the car, with your head down, and bum up in the air, can slow things if you feel it is progressing fast

twoplusone Sun 15-Jul-07 13:47:39

Thank you

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now