Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Think this might be it...

(42 Posts)
decafgirl Fri 13-Jul-07 15:03:27

Hello!

Was at the midwife yesterday discussing sweeps & inductions etc but dh & I took matters into our own hands (ahem ) last night and I woke up at 2.30 this morning with niggly back/abdom pain then had a slight bleed at 8.30. Have continued to have pains, think they're gradually building but they're quite sporadic so know I'm not in labour yet but just wanted to share my progress without exciting rl people!

xxx decaf

nailpolish Fri 13-Jul-07 15:05:03

how exciting keep calm and good luck !

MorocconOil Fri 13-Jul-07 15:05:35

Sounds like it to me. Try and get some rest though you could be in for a long one.

Good luck!!

elesbellsrae Fri 13-Jul-07 15:05:44

well done decaf good luck! x

MaccaMacca Fri 13-Jul-07 15:06:09

cool!!

Stay with us Lulu and Mars shall be along soon.

<<<<<sits in corner and waits>>>>>

<<<<gets back up and moves to comfortable seat>>>>

Yay!!!

ShowOfHands Fri 13-Jul-07 15:06:34

decaf I was thinking about you the other day.

How exciting. Try to rest if you can.

I'm watching you... what plans have you got for the birth?

Lolly68 Fri 13-Jul-07 15:16:36

Oh how wonderful. I love a labour thread whilst I'm at work!!

Good luck!

decafgirl Fri 13-Jul-07 15:17:42

I really want to stay at home for as long as poss, have got my TENS machine ready to go when it gets to that point and then I quite fancy using the pool at the hospital if it's free. They've got 2 lovely big pool rooms so fingers crossed. Don't want to get too excited just yet but feel quite relieved to be avoiding induction etc.

Ooh, I need to go to tesco too so that might feature at some point!

xx

elesbellsrae Fri 13-Jul-07 15:26:34

have you had anymore pains <<eles gets excited>>

decafgirl Fri 13-Jul-07 15:37:51

Yep, in pain right now! Who knew that would be good news?!!! There's no real pattern yet though so know I'm in for a slow burn...

elesbellsrae Fri 13-Jul-07 16:36:16

how you feeling decaf? i aim to do an hourly check on you.

MaccaMacca Fri 13-Jul-07 18:32:19

<<<<still in corner>>>>

twoplusone Fri 13-Jul-07 18:37:00

goodluck decafgirl

decafgirl Sat 14-Jul-07 18:54:28

Hello again! The pains disappeared last night so we've been to see Harry Potter this afternoon and they've kind of started again. Definately not getting excited yet but silently hoping they're going to get stronger! (I must be bloody mad) Keep your fingers crossed for me!

Will update again as soon as there's any change!

xxx decaf

Klaw Sat 14-Jul-07 19:22:43

Hello Decafgirl!

Keep going as normal just now, day time things during day time and sleep at night time, you need to sleep as normal but when contractions don't stop when you go to bed then labour is likely to be starting properly. There can be days of contractions during the day tailing off at night time but they are all doing some important work so don't be disheartened.

Have a look at Early labour mistakes and stay strong

<< klaw brings out her variation of Mars' LDC, warms a heat pack in the microwave for Decaf's lower back and settles down for a quiet vigil>>

lulumama Sat 14-Jul-07 19:29:01

<<brings some freshly baked flapjacks, sits in rocking chair ..... reminds decafgirl that all these twinges are helping body & baby get ready for the off.....>>

Klaw Sat 14-Jul-07 19:38:48

<< nods to Lulu and give HUGE smile, then grabs her and gives her a bear hug >>

lulumama Sat 14-Jul-07 19:40:10

<<big hugs right back atcha !! >>

foxybrown Sat 14-Jul-07 19:46:25

Good luck Decafgirl.

I had weeks of 'slow-burn', stop/start, everyone on here got me through with some great advice.

13 days late, but the good news was I got to 6 cms without really noticing, and when labour eventually did get started it took an hour, G&A, 10 mins pushing. (2 days ago!) So go the slow-burn and keep the faith! Its all doing good work!

I'll be looking out for you xxx

Miaou Sat 14-Jul-07 19:46:41

oooh decafgirl, sounds like my labour/non-labour with ds, almost two years ago (and a lot like what I'm going through now, EDD next Saturday!). Hope it turns into the "real thing" and agree with lulumama - your body is definitely getting ready to do the business

decafgirl Sat 14-Jul-07 19:54:48

Thanks everyone! I'm definately feeling positive about this and am keeping things as normal as I can (whilst sitting on my ball!)

Have got strong period-like pains and a (look away now if you're squeamish ) pinky discharge.

The midwife's due round tomorrow afternoon to 'sweep' me so let's hope I'm already on the go before then!

Back later (need food...)

xxx decaf

Klaw Sat 14-Jul-07 20:01:25

Oooh, you're even having a show!!!! Forget the sweep, you don't need it!

I mean it, you don't need a sweep, keep intervention to a minimum especially when your body is doing a marvellous job all by itself (like it's supposed to!)

decafgirl Sat 14-Jul-07 20:16:30

Yep, a definate show. Have been 'showing' for a while now and then yesterday morning there was blood like the start of my period but it's been more 'mucusy' since.

God, pregnancy/birth is so attractive!

xxx

lulumama Sat 14-Jul-07 20:20:02

bloody show is an excellent sign...hang on in there !

foxybrown Sat 14-Jul-07 20:27:20

But do try not to be disappointed if it doesn't happen yet. (I found it to be a rollercoaster and got terribly down about it last week).

Remember even if you don't go into labour in the next few days its all for the good! Something is happening for sure.

Keep positive.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now