Talk

Advanced search

Lindo Wing overnight stay

(4 Posts)
parenthoodiaries Mon 25-Mar-19 13:16:01

Hi All,

I will be giving birth at St.Mary's Hospital. I was wondering how easy it is to get a room at the Lindo Wing after giving birth or if anyone has experienced getting a room? I want to enjoy alone time with my baby and I don't think side rooms are readily available at St. Mary's. Any thoughts, opinions and experiences are welcome!

OP’s posts: |
PerpetualSummer Mon 25-Mar-19 18:54:21

I’m not sure you could book a room at the Lindo without having actually given birth there.

SteveMcqueensJeans Mon 25-Mar-19 19:02:15

Just speak to your midwife and ask. You may be able to pay for a postnatal room at the Lindo but also may be ousted if a full start to finish paid for birth arrives. At Queen Charlotte and Chelsea (same Trust) you can pay for a side room off the main postnatal Ward. Tbh knowing how private patients run they are unlikely to turn down your cash but also consider how you would feel having to uproot from the ward across to the Lindo so soon after delivery when you might be able to go home soon after anyway if all is straight forward.

parenthoodiaries Tue 26-Mar-19 08:37:45

I have spoken to my midwife and Lindo Wing and they both said I would have to enquire on the day I give birth. I just wanted to know how easy it is to get a room if I do enquire on the day. I am still toying with the idea of either having a full birth experience at the Lindo Wing start to finish or just giving birth at St. Mary's and trying my luck to get a private room at the Lindo Wing. Ofcourse having just the room would make it incredibly cheaper than the full birth experience.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in