Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

And suddenly... high blood pressure and pos protein. ARRRGGGG

(17 Posts)
DivaSkyChick Tue 10-Jul-07 12:04:55

Low BP all thru pg - 100/60. Don't know about protein bc they only ever checked once in the first trimester. Now at 37+4, BP shot up, urine test shows protein and white blood cells and I'm off to the hospital for further tests.

AND I'm only 1/5th engaged after having convinced myself the whole thing will happen early because I ^couldn't possibly^ get any bigger or less comfortable...

UGH UGH UGH

Princesspowersparkle Tue 10-Jul-07 12:20:19

DSC
Hope things get moving for you soon! x

gegs73 Tue 10-Jul-07 12:27:22

I had this from around 34 weeks. Had BP of 140/85 or 90 and protien in urine.

They didn't really do anything until I was 39 weeks then all of a sudden they decided that they were not going to take any risks and try and get labour started. This involved a sweep which did the trick and I had ds2 the next day. Worst thing was the 24 hour urine sample . The sweep wasn't so bad and definitely worked. Also at least I didn't go over due dates and ds2 was absolutely fine. BP and protien in urine is back to normal now. GOOD LUCK.

DivaSkyChick Tue 10-Jul-07 12:33:52

Thanks Princess.

Gegs, were you fully engaged when they decided to induce you?

gegs73 Tue 10-Jul-07 13:23:37

I'm not sure but my bump was pretty low. They did say my cervix was quite soft (TMI) which was a good sign that the baby was on his way some time soon. I think if they were really worried they would induce you however engaged you were.

With me they just kept an eye on BP/protien until nearer my due date. DS2 did seem to move down all of a sudden though so guess your bump could move down at any time Awful towards the end isn't it. You really just want it over!!

twoplusone Tue 10-Jul-07 14:51:31

Goodluck divaskychick. x

Klaw Tue 10-Jul-07 19:57:09

consider Omega 3 (twice the daily dose), magnesium and calcium, 2 litres of water per day and rest!

this might help to minimise the risk of PE.

thebigSea Tue 10-Jul-07 19:59:25

oh, bad luck dsc, I hope you feel ok soon, try to take things easy as worrying will push it up further.

DivaSkyChick Tue 10-Jul-07 22:32:20

Well the good news is that my GP seems to be rubbish. Will know more tomorrow when the blood results get back but the midwife found no protein in my urine, my bp was back down to what it has been and she found me 2/5 palpable, not 4/5.

Geez, what a relief...

Thanks so much for your support!

Klaw Tue 10-Jul-07 22:49:11

Well, GP's do tend to be rubbish a these things, when did they last update their maternity skills? How often do they deal with pg women? etc etc

Oh do I sound cynical?

I'm so glad that further tests were 'normal' and that you can relax again!

Do think about the Omega 3 stuff etc tho... I got that from a very repected Doula who is now doing her mw training.

The 'rest' is a DEFINITE recommendation tho!

DivaSkyChick Tue 10-Jul-07 23:21:53

Thanks Klaw.

I've been taking Omega 3 all along (since I heard it was good for baby brain power!) - are there no dangers associated with a double dose? Already taking three liquid capsules per day. I've got a huuuuge bottle so I can easily double up if you're sure!

Klaw Tue 10-Jul-07 23:25:20

I shall try to get hold of my source and get confirmation for you.

Watch this space

No harm in the 2 litres of water and plenty rest tho!

DivaSkyChick Wed 11-Jul-07 17:02:52

got the results back from the hospital today. Bloods are perfect but lots of protein in urine. WHY can three tests be so different?

Had to return to hospital today to get a jug into which I must pee for the next 24 hours, then get onto a bus which full jug and return to hospital.

WHAT can they not tell from one good pee test that they will get from a whole effing jug of it?

What a pain. Have NO other symptoms of urinary tract infection, btw.

Princesspowersparkle Wed 11-Jul-07 17:32:25

Blimey DSC- that sounds like a blooming challenge. Good luck- hope everything turns out clear and its just one of those things.
x

Klaw Wed 11-Jul-07 18:54:33

mmm.....

Reply from my contact:

"Very strange case but obviously not a case of PET as such, I would say she should
take a normal dose of omega three if she is asymptomatic but there are no risks
associated with fish oils as long as they are not liver oils which are obviously
high in vit A, they are just fats.

I would ask for some serial BP checks and urine checks because I wouldn't be
satisfied with the results so far".

Stay strong and don't be rushed into anything, if anything is suggested remember BRAIN.

B What are the Benefits to me or to my Baby?
R What are the Risks?
A Are there any Alternative courses of action?
I Ask yourself - what is my Intuition?
N Must it happen right Now...can we wait? Or is Never OK?

DivaSkyChick Wed 11-Jul-07 19:42:29

Thanks Klaw. Most certainly won't be rushed into anything. Not giving up my homebirth without a certain knowledge that it's necessary.

I really appreciate you.

DivaSkyChick Wed 11-Jul-07 19:45:32

And you too Princess! Thanks for your support!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now