Talk

Advanced search

When did you get your c section date?

(9 Posts)
ApplestheHare Mon 11-Mar-19 16:27:38

Just wondering when I'll get a date. I had a consultant appointment at 14 weeks and they advised a c section. I'm now 31 weeks and have another appointment with them next week (I've been seeing the fetal medicine consultant for a separate issue in between).

If you had a planned section, when did you get your date? Midwife says they won't give me a date until 36 weeks but I'm a bit scared as DD arrived at 37.

OP’s posts: |
AlwaysColdHands Mon 11-Mar-19 16:32:29

I’ve been told it will be at 36 week appt too

Fingers crossed yours stays put!

Fatted Mon 11-Mar-19 16:35:52

I'm sure I saw the vbac midwife and got my date at around 32 weeks. This was almost 4 years ago now.

They did tell me that if I went into labour before hand I could go to hospital and ask for a section.

As it turned out I was meant to be having him at 39 weeks, but ended up in the hospital at 37 weeks with pre eclampsia and bells palsy. They moved my elective forward by a week. So as long as they know you're having one, they can work around it if needs be.

thismeansnothing Mon 11-Mar-19 16:42:28

I had a consultant appointment at 37 weekexcting to get it there and then but their system had changed and I got it through the post a couple of days later.

They said if I went into labour before getting my elcs date to ring the labour Ward and explain and it would be done as an emergency

Dinosauratemydaffodils Mon 11-Mar-19 16:57:01

32 weeks but only because the consultant I saw during pregnancy was planning on doing the section and I had one or two mental health issues. I was told it would usually be 36 weeks.

I did however go into labour before my date and ended up with a lovely calm amazing semi emergency section at 6am because apparently my babies like being delivered by people who have been up all night.

WhiteWine4TheLady Mon 11-Mar-19 16:59:19

32 wewks

Babypug Mon 11-Mar-19 18:50:02

22 weeks

Boobahs Mon 11-Mar-19 19:06:06

I had my VBAC clinic appointment last Friday at 29+1 (I've asked for an elective). At a previous consultant appointment, I was told that if I still wanted one after this clinic we could discuss it further at 36 weeks. Well, the midwife booked me in there and then for a section at 39 weeks on Friday! confused

ApplestheHare Mon 11-Mar-19 19:20:38

Thanks everyone and good luck to all those with sections coming up flowers

Sounds like it might be possible to get a date next week. A few issues I've had have resolved so I'm hoping too much won't change between now and 36 weeks... fingers crossed! I don't want to push them but I feel like getting a date would really help with anxiety (first birth was rubbish) and planning. My mum is lined up to help out for a week once DH goes back to work but she needs enough notice to book the time off work.

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in