Talk

Advanced search

Baby blues?

(7 Posts)
Lizbiz89 Sat 02-Mar-19 19:02:49

I'm pregnant with my second baby and I was wondering for all the second time mummies if baby blues affected you the same as it did the first time around? With my first I suffered quite badly with it. However I wasn't sure if this wasn't helped by the awful labour and long recovery. Also the general shell shock of becoming a parent.

OP’s posts: |
Yakadee Sun 03-Mar-19 05:18:12

@Lizbiz89 - I could have written that. I had a terrible labour with my first and a few days later I did really suffer with the BB. Totally took me by surprise too as I'm usually really positive etc (although know it's hormones etc). Like you, I think really I was in shock and in so much pain etc.

I had my second baby nearly 5 weeks ago and it was so different! I had a planned section (Because of that first labour) and it was the best decision I've ever made! My outlook (and recovery) has been so much better I can't even tell you! No bb this time, I've felt much brighter and just generally better in myself.

Obviously I'm not telling you that you should have a section (of course it's your choice) but wanted to share that it can be totally different second time,

Congratulations and good luck xx

Lizbiz89 Sun 03-Mar-19 18:03:22

Thanks @Yakadee! Really hoping that's the same for me! Although I'm not planning a c section. I'm hoping as I know what's coming my way a bit more it might be slightly less daunting. Here's hoping!

Yakadee Sun 03-Mar-19 18:27:58

When are you due? I hear a lot of really good stories about second labours x

Lizbiz89 Sun 03-Mar-19 19:03:42

@Yakadee I'm due on the 11th April so 5 and a half weeks away. Feel a lot more prepared this time around as I know what to expect a bit more. Still aware it's going to hurt like hell though ha ha.

Yakadee Sun 03-Mar-19 21:08:49

@Lizbiz89 - you never know. Unfortunately I had a section so I can't give you my personal experience however, having baby no 2 was far easier. She seems to have just slotted in rather than changing everything.

Good luck xx

Dinosauratemydaffodils Sun 03-Mar-19 22:01:12

Both emergency sections but 1st baby I was a suicidal mess, couldn't function, 2nd baby I had tears for a day or two but then was absolutely fine.

Physically both of my recoveries despite labouring first were extremely easy but emotionally they were miles apart.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in