Talk

Advanced search

St. Mary's Lindo wing OR The Portland Hospital - which private facility?

(4 Posts)
firsttimemom19 Wed 27-Feb-19 12:25:06

My husband and I are having trouble choosing between The Lindo wing and The Portland. Could anyone with experience share the pros and cons of both facilities, and maybe what made them choose one over the other?
We've had an IVF conception hence want to make a thorough decision.

OP’s posts: |
StellaRae Thu 28-Feb-19 10:00:58

I considered both, but went with the Kensington Wing at Chelsea & Westminster in the end. Not sure if you have considered it? My decision was based on the consultant, location and it being part of a "full service" NHS hospital. Good luck!

LordProfFekkoThePenguinPhD Thu 28-Feb-19 10:06:28

I agree to see the consultant and who will be in charge of your care. Also check out the facilities - should you need any emergency care (god forbid) where will you end up? The NHS has the best resources when it comes to it and there is the chance to could be moved to a nhs facility for emergency care (which of course is on the doorstep of the Lindo - I don’t know about the Portland).

Why not just good old st Mary’s? It’s a really good facility.

Harveyrabbit76 Thu 28-Feb-19 10:11:23

I have given birth at the Portland twice and it was a good experience with good aftercare. I had an elective csection and they were very good at managing my stress levels as i was so scared. However no emergency unit so you would have to be moved.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in