Talk

Advanced search

Hospital visits

(4 Posts)
Jaxtellerswife Wed 20-Feb-19 11:57:28

I'm booked for a caesarean in a couple of weeks and I've been mulling over how best to do visiting. I've been told most likely two nights, both of my previous have been two nights too.
I have a 2 yr old and a 4 yr old. My partner will be with me during the days from 8-8.
I'm just wondering, would you have your little ones in to visit? Or wait until you come home? I also have a teen stepson and I wouldn't have just the little ones visit as that wouldn't be fair but is it likely to be more stress than it's worth getting everyone in and trying to breastfeed etc?
What's everyone else's plans? 🤔

OP’s posts: |
Yakadee Wed 20-Feb-19 12:07:23

I had my section 3 weeks ago and my mum brought my son (2 yo) but only for a little bit. We got him a present from 'the baby' so he was happy playing with that for a while but they didn't stay long (maybe 30 mins max) and I was actually home the next day.

The worst bit about it was when he left and couldn't understand why I wasn't coming 😩

Good luck x

HoustonBess Wed 20-Feb-19 21:21:08

I'd say don't promise anything, you can probably manage short visits but see how it goes. I felt like I'd been hit by a truck after CS, wouldn't have wanted a little one to see me like that!

If you're not already, I'd explain to them about what will happen and that they mustn't run and jump on your lap when they do see you... ouch!

Mumstheword1987 Wed 20-Feb-19 23:41:57

I'm going in tomorrow to be induced iveva 2 year old and 11 month old I'm worried about visits After 11 month old will be coming home soon as I get discharged from hospital as she's clingy my mil is having them both

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in