Talk

Advanced search

If you had vvv's (vulval/vaginal varicose veins) during pg, what happened to them when you were giving birth?

(6 Posts)
Bodkin Tue 03-Jul-07 20:39:19

Please tell me they don't actually explode (because that's what they feel like they might do) [nervous grin]

MadMazza Tue 03-Jul-07 20:45:07

I had them when carrying my second baby (v.embarrassing to admit). They didn't cause any problems at the birth and disappeared after the birth (normal delivery). Hope this helps!

Underachieveranddamnproudofit Tue 03-Jul-07 20:46:44

Nowt - but they did have extra midwife on standby in case of heamorrage (sorry if TMI). Disappeared after delivery. Much sympathy as make undercarriage v sore!

Bodkin Wed 04-Jul-07 10:57:30

Thanks for your replies Underachiever and Mazza - that has made me feel slightly better. Anyone else out there got any advice/experience?

Hassled Wed 04-Jul-07 10:59:04

I can't remember even thinking about mine during childbirth - and they vanished almost straightaway afterwards - so don't worry. Horrible things to have though.

Trimum2 Thu 05-Jul-07 10:02:22

Thanks for the reassurance that they disappear afterwards. I have been completely traumatised by what is happening to this area and my legs too this time around. This didn't happen first time around and I don't know what to make of what is happening my body this time around

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now