Talk

Advanced search

Night before ELCS

(7 Posts)
BabyMummy2019 Tue 05-Feb-19 22:40:01

Hi All

Just wondering if anyone had any tips for trying to sleep night before ELCS?!

My baby is breech and back to back therefore I'm booked in for an ELCS tomorrow afternoon!!

I've had a nice relaxing day and even managed to go out for dinner with DH tonight!!

I just took my first ranitidine tablet there and all of a sudden I've 110 things playing through my mind!! Have I packed the correct things what do I need to do tomorrow morning, what's gonna happen tomorrow when i get to hospital?!

Please tell me I'm not the only one who does this?!xx

OP’s posts: |
3boysandabump Tue 05-Feb-19 22:46:10

I didn't get a wink of sleep. Just lay in bed thinking of all the delicious food I couldn't eat 😂

Good luck for tomorrow

Spudina Tue 05-Feb-19 22:48:42

It's only natural OP. This time tomorrow you are going to be holding your baby. That's massive. But you really need to get some sleep! Have you tried a meditation app? Counting sheep? Good luck for tomorrow. Ps I totally loved my elective section. It was a lovely day.

BabyMummy2019 Tue 05-Feb-19 22:56:03

Least I know I'm not the only one..... 🙈!!

Yeah gonna try to get some sleep as I know from tomorrow I'll definitely not be able to!!

Going to try and enjoy the whole experience tomorrow especially as a FTM xx

OP’s posts: |
Queenfreak Tue 05-Feb-19 23:02:58

I had a failed induction- so ended up with an elc.
I actually felt quite empowered. The Drs and midwives (had 2!) Were very supportive and I lead the way in timings etc (as far as they would allow). I had my music playing in the background, one midwife took a video on my phone of my daughter being born (! No tummy cutting seen). So I saw her first breath. Then a few hours just dh and I (and midwife mostly- but she totally kept out if the way) in recovery.
You are in for an amazing day!!
Don't be smug though! Our lo was quiet (dopey from meds I suspecf) the first might while other babies yelled. We sat behind put curtains feeling smug about pur perfect quiet newborn.
Stupid.
She woke up for the second night grin
Have an amazing day tomorrow.
Even if you can't sleep, just wallow in all the duvet, snuggle with your oh.

Queenfreak Tue 05-Feb-19 23:04:39

And now I have a 22 month old who is sick and in my bed and I haven't slept since Thursday night! Hence the inventive spelling

CurlyWurlyTwirly Tue 05-Feb-19 23:06:32

Wow, so exciting, you will have your baby by this time tomorrow!
I had an Elcs but was tucked up in hospital bed strapped up to a monitor and chatting to dp, who was in the next bed, making me laugh by making it go up and down!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in