Talk

Advanced search

Giving birth in Hastings @ conquest

(5 Posts)
Gigitree Wed 23-Jan-19 15:45:07

Hi, I’m jumping the gun a bit here I know as not yet pregnant but ttc.

I’m thinking about where I’d be giving birth and wanted to know if anyone on here is from Hastings and has given birth at the conquest recently? I’m sure like most places there are good stories and bad stories. I’m certain I want a water birth as baths have always been the best/only way to sooth my period cramps, so makes sense to me that I would find a water birth more relaxing but I’m concerned as I’ve been told the conquest only has one birthing pool! :-(
As I live very near the conquest it makes sense that I would give birth there, but are there any other options worth considering?

OP’s posts: |
Muddlingalongalone Wed 23-Jan-19 15:53:22

This was on active and caught my attention despite no longer living in Hastings and not planning any more children.
SIL went to the birthing centre at Crowborough and whilst the journey was a pita backwards & forwards for db esp for #2 When #1 was at home she had a great experience - wasn't rushed to leave, lots of support post-birth etc.
No experience of the Conquest but another option for you.

Gigitree Wed 23-Jan-19 17:12:34

Thank you yes I’ve heard good things about crowborough!

Notreallyhere2 Wed 23-Jan-19 17:20:32

I’ve given birth twice at the conquest.

Both times were good experiences with attentive staff and support.

Unfortunately I wasn’t able to use the pool due to my circumstances but one labour was very busy and so assume it was in use and the other was very quiet so I imagine I could have if I was able, so I guess it’s a gamble really! However I’m not sure what the deal is with Eastbourne dgh nowadays and whether the conquest gets busier more often.

So basically I haven’t been much help at all, sorry!

Gigitree Wed 23-Jan-19 17:29:53

Thank you for replying, glad to hear you had good birth experiences at the conquest! Guess it is just a bit of a gamble/luck as to whether the birthing pool will be available when it’s my time to give birth!

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in