Talk

Advanced search

Anyone feel terrible after a sweep?

(5 Posts)
xMrsAx Wed 12-Dec-18 20:28:20

I am 40+5 in my 2nd pregnancy and I had a sweep this morning. I wasn't going to have one this time round as I remember it being painful (and unsuccessful) with my DS, but my midwife sort of persuaded me into it saying as it's my 2nd it's unlikely to hurt as much hmm

Anyway, it hurt like hell. She could barely reach my cervix and after rummaging round for ages managed to do the sweep but said it was quite posterior, 2cm long and only 1cm dilated. That's all fine - I've accepted it could be a while yet - but I've felt like absolute poo tonight. I've been sick, had to put myself to bed for a lie down when DH got home (not like me at all), I'm achey and I'm having bad cramps. I've also just had a bloody show (TMI sorry!).

Is this all normal after a sweep? Anyone else felt this crap? I'm kicking myself for having it done at all, should have stuck to my guns grrr angry

OP’s posts: |
Canders Wed 12-Dec-18 21:02:52

Sounds like it could be the start of labour to me.

SoyDora Wed 12-Dec-18 21:05:22

Yes I did. I felt sick, emotional and achey. And it didn’t work for me, I didn’t go into labour for another 6 days. I declined one second time round and will this time too!
Hopefully it’s the start of things moving for you though.

FoxgloveStar Thu 13-Dec-18 08:00:15

Sounds like the sweep did do something. Try to relax and get yourself mentally ready for labour.

I had a sweep yesterday (2nd baby) and I was 2cm and thinned and it certainly kicked off a bunch of contractions but nothing regular and no show yet. Seems to have calmed back down today.

DragonMamma Thu 13-Dec-18 08:02:15

I felt absolutely rotten after mine. I had grand plans of pounding the pavements to help things along but I had to take to my bed as felt shaky and sick

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in