Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Can I take arnica during labour?

(12 Posts)
Kyte Sat 23-Jun-07 22:44:18

So, I want to help my bits to recover as soon as possible after labour...when can I start taking the arnica tablets?...before / during / after labour?

Thanks

TranquilaManana Sat 23-Jun-07 22:50:49

take during or just after. will be fine.
good luck

TranquilaManana Sat 23-Jun-07 22:51:03

and enjoy

Kathyis6incheshigh Sat 23-Jun-07 23:05:42

or don't take at all, will also be fine.

maximummummy Sat 23-Jun-07 23:09:53

i took arnica 30x strength before during and after labour i think i probably took it for a month before birth - ds was 15 days late - and carried on till i didn't feel i needed it anymore . My recovery was much better than with dd (10 years earlier) so i'd definately recommend it

twoplusone Sun 24-Jun-07 12:02:04

I didnt realise arnica heklps with a natural delivery.. I took it after my c-section.. but not after my normal.. good to know.. will have to see if I can get hold fof some over here.

Catz Sun 24-Jun-07 12:54:13

I've been thinking about this too. I was initially fairly sceptical once I realised that homeopathic remedies are just the 'memory' of the substance in question i.e. there is no arnica in arnica tablets at all! However, lots of people swear by them. I thought it might just be a placebo but apparently some vets use them for sheep after birth so perhaps there is something in it. In any case, at the moment I'm happy to try anything (though DH is refusing to buy them for me so will have to make a special trip to town to get them)

Does anyone know whether any brands are better than others or where it's best to buy them from?

gracie27 Sun 24-Jun-07 13:06:33

Hi,

Was just reading your post and had to add.

I started taking arnica as soon as i had first contraction, then through labour and till about 10 days after birth.

I had traumatic birth with episiotomy and stiches, and i have to say the arnica was a godsend.

I can reccommend them enough, had no problems with episiotomy or stiches after birth, everything healed lovely.

I got mine from Holland&Barrot and if i have another these will be first on my list!!!
Hth

Nickyx

maximummummy Sun 24-Jun-07 21:53:39

i know that a lot of people are very sceptical of homeopathy because of the very "dilute" nature of the tablets

BUT i've used them on my whole family - dog toddler/baby & teenager and they do work. fine if your sceptical because they only contain a trace of ingredient whats the harm in taking them anyway & if you feel they work for you all well & good if not don't bother with them again

i know they definately helped my body recover from the shock and bruising of my natural childbirth . . . .

Kathyis6incheshigh Sun 24-Jun-07 21:58:44

But Maximummummy, how do you know they helped when they don't know what it would have been like if you hadn't taken them?

You might have been fine without taking anything - I was.

maximummummy Sun 24-Jun-07 22:04:03

hey kathy - lucky you

have you ever tried homeopathic drugs ?

hedda Sun 24-Jun-07 22:16:09

Message withdrawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now