Advanced search

Give me your positive birth stories please!

(9 Posts)
Queenofhearts3 Sun 04-Nov-18 09:34:47

Currently 38+5 and would love to hear some positive birth stories to keep me feeling positive! I am low risk and hoping to give birth in the MLU at my local hospital all being well!

OP’s posts: |
pumpkinpie01 Sun 04-Nov-18 09:41:56

I went into labour at home at 10pm after waters breaking on the sofa. Stayed at home all night in and out of the bath doing breathing exercises . Went to hospital at 5am could barely get on the bed to be examined as the contractions were so close together. Took me straight through to delivery and 45 minutes later gave birth to a gorgeous little girl after 2 boys I was over the moon. Within 6 hours I was doing sit ups in my hospital bed and felt great! Good luck not long before you will have a lovely little baby in your arms.

largepinotplease Sun 04-Nov-18 10:02:10

Woke up just before 6am to what felt like period pains (was 40+2) then bang on 6 o'clock my waters broke. Ran to the bathroom and checked I hadn't just wet myself, confirmed it was waters then started getting contractions pretty much straight away. Woke DH up - he was very happy because it meant he didn't have to go into work that day 🤦🏻‍♀️ and got him to start timing contractions on his phone, they were coming in strong at roughly 3 mins apart. Called the hospital and they said to come in to be examined. Suddenly had a panic that I hadn't shaved my legs so I had a shower and shaved my legs and attempted to give my downstairs a bit of a once over too (because obviously that was priority 😕) went to the hospital where they confirmed waters had gone and I was in labour but only 1cm dialated so they sent me home. I decided I wanted to go to my mums so we went straight there and I just paced up and down her kitchen, I couldn't sit down or be still I had to keep moving so pacing helped. Counting contractions and they were getting closer and stronger and by 11.30 I said I needed go back to the hospital. My mum said it was too soon and that they might strap me to a bed with a monitor but I was adamant it was time. Got to the hospital just before 12 o'clock and they said yes you're 4cm so you can stay and get in the pool (I was having a water birth) got in the pool, tried gas and air but it made me feel sick so stopped that straight away. Felt the urge to push, it was harder than I thought and in hindsight I should have listened to my body more as I was pushing out of sync and not with contractions but I got there in the end and he was born at 12.45 in the pool. Total labour roughly 6 hours from start to finish, in the pool with no intervention or pain relief - but I did tear and need stitches but other than that a very quick and straight forward first labour. I'm now 11 weeks with no 2 and hoping I have a similar experience! Good luck x

Goawayfirework Sun 04-Nov-18 10:08:06

Contractions started early morning, hospital lunchtime and baby by early evening, went home following evening 😊 gas and air, a little stitch but not too bad

The MLU was lovely. The delivery was very painful and a bit scary but you have no choice but to go with it and pain relief should be available if you need it such is comforting!

insancerre Sun 04-Nov-18 10:14:25

Dd was born on her due date and I arrived at the hospital fully dilated and delivered a very short time later with no interventions and no pain relief
She was a healthy 7lb and 13 oz
The first person to attend to me back in the ward had the very same name i had just given dd

stegosauruslady Sun 04-Nov-18 13:01:32

DD2, I had a long early labour, but knew what was happening so took DD1 for a long walk in the park and to the swings, then stopped in at my Mum's house for lunch on the way home. I called H home at about 4pm and he dealt with dinner and bedtime for her. As soon as she went to bed, things kicked off properly and H filled the pool and called the midwife. I giggled most of the way through labour, actually crying with laughter when I hit transition (realising I was in transition was hilarious apparently) and she was born after half an hour of pushing. I then had tea, toast and an apple before going straight to bed.

DD3, long early labour again, very similar in that things kicked off properly once the older ones were in bed. H filled the pool at about 11 and I alternated between floating about and getting out and pacing the living room for a couple of hours. I eventually felt the need to push, and she was born with just one big push! About four hours of active labour in all.

DD1 had been prem, but other than the stress associated with her being early, the birth itself was simple and fine. I'm 30 weeks pregnant with number four now and pretty excited about giving birth again!

whiteroseredrose Sun 04-Nov-18 19:12:22

Both of my labours were fine. A bit scary at the end because the baby's head seems huge but all I had in terms of pain relief was a tens machine and a bit of gas and air (don't tell DH though!)

LadyOfTheFlowers Sun 04-Nov-18 19:26:24

DS1. Came a week early after me having mild contractions for 3 days. He arrived in the birth pool.

DS2. Came 4 days late in the birth pool still in his amniotic sac.

DS3. Came 4 days late. Very quick active stage of 5 mins 🙄

DD. Came on her due date. About 4 hours start to finish.

With the last 3 I managed to stay home till about 7cms dilated and used only gas and air when I got to hospital. I did take a very detailed and open minded birth plan with me each time though stating that I have a needle phobia so would like to avoid them if possible. I was not expecting them to go as smoothly as they did but I was lucky.

Queenofhearts3 Mon 05-Nov-18 08:51:11

Thanks all these are great!!

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in