Talk

Advanced search

Large Age Gap

(6 Posts)
Sexnotgender Wed 17-Oct-18 20:50:30

Thank you!

I’m planning to try hypnobirthing, I feel more relaxed as I’m older and more informed.

Shall see how it goes!

OP’s posts: |
User260486 Wed 17-Oct-18 20:50:12

I have 10 years gap. Both labours were very similar, relatively quick. First was five days overdue, lasted 7 hours with baby a bit stuck by the end. Second one was a week before due date, and lasted just a few hours - in hospital at 7 pm, with the baby at 11 pm. But admittedly, I was more fit generally before the second pregnancy and excercised (appropriately) throughout.

5BlueHydrangea Wed 17-Oct-18 20:42:09

I have 18 years between my two.
DD1 - SVD at 37 weeks, quite an easy delivery.
DD2 - ELCS at 42 weeks, she wasn't interested in coming out!!
Totally different.

Rosesared Wed 17-Oct-18 20:38:42

I had to fight for my vbac, part of the reason my midwife backed me (against consultant) is because there was a gap of more than 10 years since my section.

Rosesared Wed 17-Oct-18 20:36:18

I'm mum to a 17yr old and a 5month old.

DC1 was EmCS after 20hrs of labour. Baby decided to turn around while half way down the birth canal and then got stuck. Born around 40weeks.
DC2 was a hypnobirthing, natural, drug-free, vaginal homebirth. 6hrs from 1cm dilation to birth. Born at 40+12.
I actually don't remember much about DC1's birth...feel a bit like a ftm except I'm older, much more laid back and pretty much a completely different person.

Sexnotgender Wed 17-Oct-18 16:06:12

Hello!

I’m 26 weeks with baby number 2 and ‘baby’ number 1 will be 15 by the time he makes an appearance.

Anyone got any experience of labour with such a large age gap?

You always hear second babies are quicker but I assume that’s ones relatively close in age!

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in