Talk

Advanced search

Hypnobirthing

(5 Posts)
bunny5233 Fri 31-Aug-18 11:09:14

Can anyone recommend a good book on hypnobirthing? The courses near me are extortionate so want to have a read about it all smile
Thanks for tor help!

OP’s posts: |
Redcorkscrews Fri 31-Aug-18 11:49:48

Look up the positive birth company. They do a digital pack for £35 and it is fantastic! Lots of videos and downloadable audio files for relaxation etc to take with you. Would highly recommend!

chloechloe Fri 31-Aug-18 12:36:05

I’m doing the digital course from the Positive Birthing Company too and am really impressed so far - I’m about half way through and would recommend it.

ISeeTheLight Fri 31-Aug-18 12:38:35

I did pregnancy yoga which included hypnobirthing techniques. It was extremely helpful, I didn't have any pain relief (not through will power or anything, I didn't have the option as was sent home by the hospital). Perhaps look into a good pregnancy yoga class?
I also had a hypnobirthing cd which was beyond useless.

Flamingo84 Sat 01-Sep-18 14:53:49

I used the free downloads associated with a Sophie Fletcher hypnobirthing book. I didn’t get the book as I read the reviews and it seemed to be anecdotes on good births rather than the practical advice I was looking for.

The mp3s were amazing and I genuinely believe they helped me during labour. I gave birth to my first child in 2hrs 30 mins with only gas and air. The hypnobirthing really helped me focus and relax between contractions.

The ones I used can be downloaded free here www.penguin.co.uk/articles/book-talk/mindful-hypnobirthing/

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in