Talk

Advanced search

Is this normal?

(5 Posts)
MrsL0805 Sun 26-Aug-18 17:01:23

Hi All,

I gave birth 6 weeks ago and had a pretty quick labour and needed stitches (grade 2), I thought All was healing well and stitches have healed nicely but every time I walk for longer than half hour I get such a strong throbbing pain down there. Did people experience this also ? When did the pain ease ?

I also noticed that the skin at the end of my vagina is hard and lumpy (maybe scar tissue) and I'm terrified to have sex again and I don't think it looks big enough to stretch and I'm scared to try incase it rips.

Any experience and tips welcome 😊

OP’s posts: |
Megglou Sat 01-Sep-18 22:15:03

My stitches took 6 weeks to heal, I ended up having 2 trips to the doctors because I was convinced they weren't okay after being told stitches would have dissolved after 3 weeks. I could only take it steady at first but it got easier with gentle exercise. I was terrified of having sex! We waited until week 7 and it was absolutely fine, I did use pretty much a whole tube of lube though! blush

Dorcha Sun 02-Sep-18 13:04:52

It sounds like swollen veins, they create a kind of heavy pressure type feeling and can feel lumpy to touch, have you looked?

Charlottejade89 Sun 02-Sep-18 16:33:07

I felt a throbbing sensation down below for about 3ish weeks and I didn't even tear, just had minor grazes. it did ease though so give it a few more weeks and it may pass

BlairWaldorfLovesShopping Wed 05-Sep-18 16:06:52

If you mean a sort of "heavy" type pain/sensation then I have this too (3 weeks pp) and I believe it's caused by damage to the pelvic floor. Mine has been much improved over the last week after religiously doing pelvic floor exercises - 3 times a day if I can.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in