Talk

Advanced search

Got questions about giving birth? Know what to expect and when to expect it, with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Stalled labour - need a moan

(4 Posts)
MamOfFrankie Fri 03-Aug-18 21:26:02

38+3 with DD2 and started having pains at midnight last night. By 1:30 they were two minutes apart and lasting 45 seconds. Woke OH at 3 and started having to breathe through the pains.

Got in the car to go to hospital and they just... Stopped. Went to hospital anyway and they said I am 3cm dilated but since then I have literally had 4 contractions all day.

Feeling so miserable and frustrated. Have tried everything today to restart them and still nothing.

Anyone had any experience with this? Could I still potentially have another 25 days to wait (if they let me go two weeks over)?

Gemsie1984 Sat 04-Aug-18 00:17:20

Bless you, how frustrating! It's highly unlikely you'll stay pregnant much longer. Unfortunately some labours are a bit stop-start initially. The fact that you're 3cm already is a great sign. Have you tried nipple stimulation? Worked wonders for me.

MamOfFrankie Sat 11-Aug-18 19:07:50

9 days later and she is still hanging in there! Tried every old wives tales in the book and I can say for certain - they do not work!

Gemsie1984 Sat 11-Aug-18 23:32:00

No way! Wow she is comfy! Hopefully that means when she does decide to grace you with her presence it'll be a quick labour 🤞🏻

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: