Talk

Advanced search

Am I more likely to be overdue second time or less?

(6 Posts)
Glittertrauma Mon 16-Jul-18 05:51:54

Hi there

I wondered if anyone could tell me their experiences of DC2.

DS1 was two and a half weeks overdue. Two sweeps didn't work, and he ended up being induced. This was such a long and exhausting process.

Now DD1 is due in three days but no sign. Is she more likely to be overdue as well? I would dearly love to avoid this, as I know being induced means a longer hospital stay, Labour, harder delivery... I just want my body to know what to do naturally this time!

Has anyone had success with acupuncture etc to induce labour? I've tried everything else (raspberry leaf capsules, clary sage, eating curries, scrubbing floors etc). None of it worked for my son so I'm skeptical! Really don't want to go overdue again.

OP’s posts: |
Harebellmeadow Mon 16-Jul-18 08:37:00

Following

HumpHumpWhale Mon 16-Jul-18 08:40:42

I was two weeks over with DS, induced, took 14 hours from start to finish, about 2 hours pushing I think. DD was only a week late, and was born less than an hour after we got to the hospital. We went from "I'm not sure you're in active labour yet" to baby in 20 minutes. My makeup was still intact! So so much easier.

hownowhashbrowns Mon 16-Jul-18 08:41:18

DC1 (19 months) was 40+6. I'm now 40+4 with DC2 and no sign of any action 😫.

You were very overdue with your first though! Do you think the dates were right?

HumpHumpWhale Mon 16-Jul-18 08:41:51

Oh. Sorry. I don't think anything helped. I did eat lots of pineapple and tried to walk but I think my body just knew what to do more the second time.

Believeitornot Mon 16-Jul-18 08:43:44

Well there are some schools of thought that suggest that 9 months is an average. There’s really a 5 week window within which it’s standard to give birth. Some women are outside that window.

My ds was 8 days overdue. Dd was bang on time. I didn’t get induced with ds - my midwife was very good and said I could get a sweep if I wanted but as baby was fine, she was happy to wait if i was.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in