Talk

Advanced search

Induction

(6 Posts)
moose234 Mon 18-Jun-18 20:14:20

Hey, so I'm 37 weeks + 4, i had a a sweep today, I am being induced tomorrow and wanted to know people's induction stories? Thank you

OP’s posts: |
Guineapiggiesmalls Mon 18-Jun-18 20:25:35

I was induced last week - went in at 2:30pm to be told my cervix was long and hard. First pessary given at half four, went for a wander and started to feel a bit uncomfortable. My waters broke just before 11pm, baby arrived within 12 hours.

I was really dreading it, especially the syntocinon drip - my advice would be to be open-minded about pain relief. I felt like my induction was positive, and wouldn’t be devastated if I had to have another (although I’d like to wait a few years first...).

Best of luck to you

FrogCow Mon 18-Jun-18 20:27:51

I was induced at 37 weeks on the nose. Had a 24 hour cervical balloon places - nothing happened. Was admitted for chemical induction, had four pessaries over the next five days. Nothing happened. My cervix wouldn’t dilate or soften in the slightest. They wanted to do more pessaries. I said no, had a c section.

FunnysInLaJardin Mon 18-Jun-18 20:31:36

I was induced at 42 weeks with both DS's. They were both fine but both fast and painful. DS1 was 6 hours from first contraction to assisted birth and DS2 was 2 hours for the same.

At least they were over quickly grin

moose234 Mon 18-Jun-18 20:34:59

Thank you for your replies, I have got to up hospital at 8.30 in the morning, I already know my cervix is 2cm dilated and is soft from the sweep today! Hoping that favours me!

OP’s posts: |
Mamathebest Tue 19-Jun-18 10:53:28

The fact that your cervix is favourable and already 2cm dialated is great! I had to be induced at 36 weeks with an unfavourable cervix (first child). Had to go in on a Sunday evening where they inserted the hormonal pill. Nothing happened. They then repeated this on Monday. I was then given the hormonal gel. Again nothing. Eventually got to half a cm dialated by Thursday when they broke my waters and put me on the drip and by Friday morning DS arrived.

I would also say be open minded to pain relief while one the drip. Not to scare you OP but it can be more overwhelming then normal contractions.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in