Talk

Advanced search

Got questions about giving birth? Know what to expect and when to expect it, with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Labour close?

(2 Posts)
Emz2019 Wed 13-Jun-18 17:04:22

Hello everyone, I am almost due but at my last appointment my midwife told me my baby was not yet engaged and the head was free. That was 6 days ago. Two days ago I began having regular contractions 7 mins apart they lasted hours then stopped. Yesterday my back was aching at the bottom and contractions began again 10 mins apart for a fair few hours. They once again fizzled out. Today my back began aching again and I had cramping low down so I have taken paracetamol and it helped. All the pains have stopped but when I have been going to the toilet Iv had some loose stools and from my vagina Iv had a very slimey mucus discharge!! I also feel my baby very low down on my bladder compared to 1 week ago. Does labour sound close?

Tilliebean Wed 13-Jun-18 17:06:54

I had the same thing in the days leading up to my labour. I ended up having a sweep the day before I was due, after about 3 days of random regular contractions that fizzled out. DD arrived the next day! So it’s possible!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: