Talk

Advanced search

Got questions about giving birth? Know what to expect and when to expect it, with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Stomach bug or labour?

(65 Posts)
Bumpandus Wed 13-Jun-18 13:32:25

Last night I started getting regular contractions or BH every3 minutes that we’re innocent my back and lower abdomen and also felt in my hips. Quite intense and probably lasted about 45 seconds each.

I went to the toilet and had watery diarrhoea. Came back to bed more cramping then I was sick. Fell asleep then repeated this about 4 times in the night.

I’m 30 weeks pregnant and the diarrhoea has literally just started to settle a bit now and I have managed to drink some water and eat a banana. I’m now getting pressure down below which is also quite intense but comes and goes and some niggles in my back.

Could this be the start of labour OR is this a stomach bug causing all of this? Any experiences would be appreciated. Due to see my M/W tomorrow.

NoStraightEdges Wed 13-Jun-18 13:34:34

I'd ring your midwife now and get seen today. Better to be checked out, because if it is an early labour they're are things that can be done.

Hopefully you've just got a mild bug, bit please do get checked.

Bumpandus Wed 13-Jun-18 13:34:59

The cramping and pressure seems to come on more when I move or walk about**

Bumpandus Wed 13-Jun-18 13:36:09

I was in hospital for 5 days last week in premature labour. It was all stopped and I’ve had steroid injections. This has all just started up in the middle of the night.

Flowerfae Wed 13-Jun-18 13:38:10

Its best to ring , especially as you were in hospital last week with premature labour, have they given you a number to ring the ward directly?

MrsMozart Wed 13-Jun-18 13:39:16

Ring your midwife.

Bumpandus Wed 13-Jun-18 13:58:10

No I have to go to my local hospital to be assessed and be transferred 2 hours in an ambulance if I go into labour. A lot going on with the baby. I am going to have a lie down for an hour then I will call if nothing has settled..

Doyoumind Wed 13-Jun-18 14:00:05

I really think you need to call urgently and not when you've had a lie down just in case.

Iputthescrewinthetuna Wed 13-Jun-18 18:56:24

Op, I hope you are ok!

Bumpandus Wed 13-Jun-18 19:43:42

Hi erm the past couple of hours I’ve been having pressure and every 15 minute a wave of back pain sometimes in the front too. Isn’t getting any worse I’ve just took two paracetamol.

NoStraightEdges Wed 13-Jun-18 19:47:35

Gosh, I really think you need to be seen. Do you have any IRL support or anyone with you?

knockknockknock Wed 13-Jun-18 19:51:20

You've already had one scare why oh why won't you just call the midwife / hospital?

Iputthescrewinthetuna Wed 13-Jun-18 20:15:51

Op, Go to the hospital. If you have had prem labour last week you could be in prem labour now. If they managed to stop it last week they may now, the longer you leave it the less chance they can help you!

Go hospital!!! Please!

Pinkgeorge Wed 13-Jun-18 20:19:56

I’ll gave birth at 30 weeks. Please don’t risk not getting seen

Bumpandus Wed 13-Jun-18 20:53:48

My daughters in bed I can’t wake her incase it’s a false alarm. I might be losing my plug though it’s got a pink tinge

Bumpandus Wed 13-Jun-18 20:54:51

My daughter was born at 32 weeks. Trust me I am freaking out but it’s probably me just overthinking everything

MrsMozart Wed 13-Jun-18 20:55:24

Why are you (apparently) so against getting help?

Your DD should cope ok.

Bumpandus Wed 13-Jun-18 20:57:16

I am going to call now. It’s not getting any worse and I am seeing my m/w tomorrow that’s why I haven’t phoned before now

Bananarama12 Wed 13-Jun-18 20:58:46

In my experience yes it was the start of labour.

humphreysabout Wed 13-Jun-18 21:00:42

You really need to be assessed and monitored at the hospital. Don't wait.

Tuttytoffee Wed 13-Jun-18 21:03:39

I would go in. Could be a water infection and it's starting you off. This is how I ended up going into early labour.

Fintress Wed 13-Jun-18 21:04:43

My daughter was born at 32 weeks. Trust me I am freaking out but it’s probably me just overthinking everything

If you have had a previous premature birth then it's incredibly naive to ignore your symptoms.

Pinkgeorge Wed 13-Jun-18 21:04:52

Please do, I lost my plug like that. flowers

Bumpandus Wed 13-Jun-18 21:04:56

So do yous really not think this is all just caused by me having sickness and diarrhoea all last night?

Pinkgeorge Wed 13-Jun-18 21:07:00

I really hope it’s nothing but you NEED to be assessed tonight, please x

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: