Talk

Advanced search

Got questions about giving birth? Know what to expect and when to expect it, with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

39 weeks nausea and light headed

(10 Posts)
Ilovechocolatetoomuch Sat 09-Jun-18 14:29:50

I am 39 weeks pregnant. I feel pretty rough, I have had cramping on and off for over a week and feel quite nauseas and light headed. Last week I threw up for the first time in my whole pregnancy.
Is this normal towards the end? I don’t remember this with my first sad can’t decide to ring the midwife or if i’m Just being silly.

nogreenfingers Sat 09-Jun-18 14:33:38

I'm sure it's fine but ring the midwife for reassurance. Try and keep your fluids up, I had a few lightheaded/seeing star moments towards the end of my last pregnancy. The midwives were always happy to chat.

Sagegreen Sat 09-Jun-18 14:37:16

Whilst individually your symptoms could be typical in the later stages of pregnancy, when described as you do it's very important that you at least call yoir midwife. She may well want to check your blood pressure and do a urine test. You absolutely MUST call, it's only a phone call after all. You must tell her that you feel rough. Please? smile

honeysucklejasmine Sat 09-Jun-18 14:42:49

Please call and arrange to have your blood pressure checked.

MuddyForestWalks Sat 09-Jun-18 14:45:42

Go see someone, my BP was through the roof when I felt like that at the end of my 1st pregnancy.

Sagegreen Sat 09-Jun-18 19:03:48

Did you call someone OP?

Ilovechocolatetoomuch Sun 10-Jun-18 08:34:41

I took some paracetamol and laid on sofa all p.m I feel 100x better today so wonder if I just overdid it.
Baby still trying to break out my belly button (feels like it) not long to go now thank goodness lol.

2good Wed 13-Jun-18 18:23:15

Yeah I got this too last week when I was about 40+5. Actually fainted and felt really sick. Mentioned it to midwife and she said probably dehydration so increased fluid intake which seemed to do the trick. Might be worth checking out just in case

oldbirdy Wed 13-Jun-18 18:26:37

Are you on iron? Iron tablets give me nausea and lightheadedness. Took me a while to work it out. I swapped to floradix and had no more problems.

Ilovechocolatetoomuch Wed 13-Jun-18 20:04:26

Went to midwife today. My iron was too low everything else was fine with baby.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: