Talk

Advanced search

Got questions about giving birth? Know what to expect and when to expect it, with the Mumsnet Pregnancy Calendar.

Early stages of labour ?

(5 Posts)
xxpinkflowers Sun 20-May-18 19:16:12

I’m 36 weeks and for the past week or two I’ve had increased discharge (tmi some quite mucusy/pale yellow), pressure down below, back ache, Braxton Hicks a lot. I’ve also been nesting.

However today I’ve felt exhausted, incredibly thirsty, I’ve had about 4 “contractions” in the past 2 hours - they were like a tightening in my back which spread to the front, I’ve had looser bowels, and feel light headed. My gut feeling is that she’s coming early, but I just don’t know because this is my first baby so I don’t eeally know what to expect. I’m in the bath at the minute so going to see how I feel later on then decide whether I need to ring the midwife. Has anyone else felt like this before labour or could offer some experience? sad

BrandNewHouse Sun 20-May-18 19:17:01

Defrost sounds like labour. Good luck!

xxpinkflowers Sun 20-May-18 19:19:24

@BrandNewHouse thank you!! I just hope it doesn’t come on too fast. I’m so scared

BrutusMcDogface Sun 20-May-18 19:24:29

Don't worry! 4 contractions in 2 hours is very early labour in my experience. This could go on for a while! Do what you need to do: rest, eat or whatever. When contractions get closer together (3 in 10 mins I think is the guideline?) then it's time to go in. It wouldn't hurt to ring for advice though. Good luck! flowers

BrutusMcDogface Sun 20-May-18 19:25:58

And by "a while", I mean it could be hours, days or even a week! I had three days of this before I was finally in active labour with my first. It was very disheartening but I got there in the end. Take care!

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: