Talk

Advanced search

T incision c section-advice plz!

(5 Posts)
Noahsmama85 Fri 04-May-18 11:16:07

Hello I have just found out I am pregnant. With my previous labour I had an emergency c section with a t incision cut as baby was transverse. This was 1 year and 1 month ago....I don't recall the doctor/midwives advising me how long I had to wait till it was safe to get pregnant?my scar area feels fine on bikini line but just under my belly button region it sometimes still feels sore esp when I'm carrying little one around . Anyone else been through the same thing???I've tried to Google it and can only find two treads where they said docs told them they had to wait a year or more?

OP’s posts: |
goldensunlight Sun 06-May-18 06:39:52

I had an inverted t incision and found out I was pregnant again on my son's first birthday. I think they would advise around 2 years between c sections and I will have 20 months and no health professionals have batted an eyelid.

Noahsmama85 Sun 06-May-18 08:38:22

Thank u so much for your reply. I'm abit confused by last sentence...do you mean you have a 20 month old? Did u have any problems in your pregnancy? Did u have normal low cut c section at 37 weeks? How was your recovery? Sorry for all the questions

OP’s posts: |
goldensunlight Sun 06-May-18 09:23:29

Hi, sorry I mean I will have 20 months between c sections (my son will be 20 months when this baby is born). I am 21 weeks pregnant at the moment and the plan is to have a normal low cut c section at 39 weeks.

mayhew Sun 06-May-18 09:28:26

There's no magic number but as its over a year, I doubt anyone will bat an eyelid. However, with a t incision, you will probably be advised a repeat section.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in