Talk

Advanced search

What are the chances of an early ELCS at 36 weeks owing to gestational diabetes?

(1 Post)
NooNooHead1981 Wed 25-Apr-18 14:03:35

My c-section is scheduled for 7th June at 38 weeks with the pre-op on 31st May.

At my last appointment, my consultants (yes, I now have two!) said there may be the remote possibility of an earlier c-section date for 36 weeks if my blood glucose levels weren't kept in check enough (I'm not on medication as I can't tolerate it), but so far with my diet-controlled diabetes, all my levels seem ok. I was a bit concerned this morning as my fasting levels went up to 6.0 but this is a one-off as far as I can tell, athough the fasting levels have been just above the maximum of 5.3 averaging around 5.6-5.7.

I'm due for another assessment, scan and diabetic clinic appointment a week today, so it will be interesting to see what they say then and what the scan shows. hmm

I'm actually getting to the stage where I am freaking out a bit at having to keep my glucose in check for the next few weeks but am worrying more about having an earlier c-section as it's not something I was planning on obviously...

How likely is it that they would do an earlier operation? And if they do, this would mean it would only be over a month away... [*goes away to panic a bit..*]

I can't wait to meet my baby but am getting worried about both mine and baby's health in the lead-up to the c-section...

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in