Talk

Advanced search

Bleeding after a bowl movement

(4 Posts)
user1499451561 Sun 18-Mar-18 15:44:47

I gave birth 3 weeks ago and my bleeding has stopped apart from when I use the toilet and pass a bowl movement?? It's certainly not piles as it's not coming from that hole it's actually coming from the vagina itself?? Have any other ladies experienced this or know why this is happening?

OP’s posts: |
Anna2006 Sun 18-Mar-18 16:15:18

I would presume it’s maybe just the tale end of your bleeding. Even though it’s geberally stopped going for bowel movement you’re exerting pressure an therefore a little more blood may come out.

My bleeding is almost over. Get very little. But find after bowel motion when I wipe a tad more will come out.

mindutopia Sun 18-Mar-18 18:01:03

Yes, it's pretty normal. When you poo, your muscles in your pelvic floor contract and push anything out of the vagina that might still be clearing itself out. I definitely had this and still do to a degree. I'm 4 weeks pp with my 2nd and spotting does pick up again after a poo. Bleeding and spotting is normal until about 6 weeks pp, so as long as you aren't in pain or having any signs of infection, I'd say that sound normal. It will clear up in time.

CointreauVersial Sun 18-Mar-18 18:06:58

My post-natal bleeding took a good six weeks to clear. I had abrasions/stitches internally, and this took ages to heal.

Maybe mention it to your midwife/health visitor/doctor if you are worried.

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in