Talk

Advanced search

Massive tummy

(6 Posts)
L4ren1 Sat 10-Mar-18 19:40:38

I gave birth by c-section on Valentine’s Day which will be 4 weeks on Wednesday next week - I am
Still in a lot of pain and my tummy is massive which is worrying me - I look 6 months pregnant and really worried it will not go down again - the hospital told me I have a gassy bowel but I don’t believe it’s all air as my tummy is massive? Has anyone experienced this and did there tummy go back to normal

OP’s posts: |
PerfectlySymmetricalButtocks Sat 10-Mar-18 19:43:11

If it feels hard it's gas. DS1 had this.

eurochick Sat 10-Mar-18 19:48:12

It took me a long time to deflate after my section. I looked pregnant and was in maternity wear for quite a while. It did go back to (almost) normal though.

stardust18 Sat 10-Mar-18 19:52:16

I've had to sections now, first emergency and the second one elective. My tummy was the same both times it felt like it took forever. It really upset me actually. I remember the first time I went out I said to my husband if anybody asks me when I due I'm going straight back home.
It was bloody painful too. I thinks it's because they have to cut through 6 lairs I think I remember the midwife telling so it swells up a lot. It will go down it just takes time. Doesn't help that people has I was back it my size 8 jeans 24hr later really just fuck off!! angry
Hope it goes down soonthanks

upthewolves Sat 10-Mar-18 20:08:52

I had a section in November and my stomach looked pregnant for a couple of weeks and then took a long time to fully 'deflate'. I was told it was swelling. It also felt really tender, from memory. It is now fine. I have a bit of weight to lose but looks completely normal. I was really surprised how long to took compared to my natural birth.

L4ren1 Sat 10-Mar-18 23:47:10

Thank you all for your messages - I’ve been feeling really down about my situation but after reading all the comments i feel there’s hope - my health visitor made me visit the doctor as she wanted a scan done of my tummy - the doctor asked when I was due!!! She almost pushed me over the edge!!

OP’s posts: |

Join the discussion

To comment on this thread you need to create a Mumsnet account.

Join Mumsnet

Already have a Mumsnet account? Log in