Talk

Advanced search

Coping with transition stage

(3 Posts)
Fuzzyduck21 Mon 05-Mar-18 23:09:13

Due dc2 in about a month and had a terrible transition stage with dc1. I was terrified and out of control and I am so scared of feeling that way again. Tried hypnobirthing first time around but it didn't work for me despite practicing religiously beforehand. What part of hypnobirthing helped you with transition? Any other tips? I'm worried I won't realise what I'm feeling is transition and will just panic. Helppppp

KMoKMo Fri 09-Mar-18 16:53:04

My tip is to have an epidural! grin
All labours are different so you may find it easier to bear this time but I felt like you.
I was induced and had a back to back baby. So much more painful than my first and totally changed the experience for me.

KikiA Tue 13-Mar-18 11:30:24

Shouting through it - and I don't mean screaming, I mean like raw, primitive, agonising roars. Honestly think it was the only thing that got me through it. But then everyone is different - I was my mum's birthing partner for my baby sister (22 years younger than me), and she laboured silently. When I finally had my own I struggled to wrap my head around how she didn't need to make some kind of noise!

I read a book and one of the bits of advice was to find some way of matching the pain and one of those bits of advice was using vocalizations and that was what worked for me. That was my mantra - match the pain. I coped with the whole of labour totally fine until the 8-10cm transition phase. It was a bastard. Even crowning didn't bother me!

Hope your second goes well - good luck, you can do it! Women are warriors! X

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: